Posts disappeared or deleted

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
fishfright

Posts disappeared or deleted

Post by fishfright »

Several of my post that were critical of the present difficulties seem to be missing from my recent posts lists. Why is that ?
Graham

Re: Posts disappeared or deleted

Post by Graham »

I cannot see any of your posts in the Sin Bin ( for that is where we put the really bad stuff ).

I have no explanation for it. Did you remember to click the submit button ( something which I still regularly fail to do. )
e.g.
Preview . . . yep, looks OK . . . etc. . . . where did my post go ?? . . . furious clicking of Previous screen button to try to recover.
fishfright

Post by fishfright »

I'm pretty sure i did post them lol

Does " View your posts" cover the whole forum ?
Graham

Post by Graham »

Yes - the whole forum apart from the aforementioned Sin Bin.
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

Graham, did you put your owm topic/post "What did the EU ever do for you" in there?
Because you then deleted it completely for reasons which seemed unclear.
gaz

Post by gaz »

It might be worth checking User Control Panel > Manage Drafts to see if you've inadvertently clicked "Save draft" rather than "Submit".
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Graham

Post by Graham »

PDQ Mobile wrote:Graham, did you put your owm topic/post "What did the EU ever do for you" in there?

Posted in the Fun&Games section - it was intended as a joke, but went spectacularly wrong as (majority of) subsequent replies were serious.

As there was a serious EU topic ( now there is a contradiction in terms :mrgreen: ) running in parallel I decided to ditch mine.
I think it went to the Sin Bin first, then I executed "Mod's privilege" and deleted the topic.

My apologies if some of your precious contribution was lost in the process.
fishfright

Post by fishfright »

Nothing in my drafts folder, it is odd.
I've looked in the threads i posted in and there's no sign of them.
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

Graham wrote:
PDQ Mobile wrote:Graham, did you put your owm topic/post "What did the EU ever do for you" in there?

Posted in the Fun&Games section - it was intended as a joke, but went spectacularly wrong as (majority of) subsequent replies were serious.

As there was a serious EU topic ( now there is a contradiction in terms :mrgreen: ) running in parallel I decided to ditch mine.
I think it went to the Sin Bin first, then I executed "Mod's privilege" and deleted the topic.

My apologies if some of your precious contribution was lost in the process.

Well it had seemed to me that a fair few people had made reasonable contributions.
My own was measured without doubt but overall positive. I felt I had found just what I had wanted to say, at the first attempt- unusual!! So precious to me, yes!
So can you tell me the difference between "Mods privilege" and outright censorship of the worst kind?
I mean, I think you didn't like the overwhelmingly positive contributions to your thread so you removed it.

After all your thread could have been just closed but left on the board?
Bad decision?
gaz

Post by gaz »

PDQ Mobile wrote:... So can you tell me the difference between "Mods privilege" and outright censorship of the worst kind? ...

Whatever view you take, we all signed up to accept those rules at registration (link only works when logged out).
You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Graham

Post by Graham »

Once again my fulsome apology to you PDQ Mobile for your loss of (a) cherished posting.

In mitigation, I suggest that anything posted in the "Fun & Games" section might be treated in a rather more frivolous way than any other section . . . . although that is not formally stated anywhere.

It was an unfortunate topic and sequence of events that I will seek to avoid repeating.
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

Of course i accept the forum rules. It is an excellent and intelligent forum.
But that Mods can delete a thread ( that they started) completely because they didn't like its content, then it seems to me that it is the mods themselves who are not necessarily abiding by such rules.
The topic in question was open, interesting and very politely conducted.
IMV the complete deleting of it was erroneous at best. Selfish censorship at worst.
It is not the only case of overzealous moderation and to see that opinion stated here is good.
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

Graham wrote:Once again my fulsome apology to you PDQ Mobile for your loss of (a) cherished posting.

In mitigation, I suggest that anything posted in the "Fun & Games" section might be treated in a rather more frivolous way than any other section . . . . although that is not formally stated anywhere.

It was an unfortunate topic and sequence of events that I will seek to avoid repeating.

It is gracious of you and I accept your apology.
On the whole i think you do a great job and I thank you for it.
End of the matter!