New name

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Nickeveson

New name

Post by Nickeveson »

Ever since the rebrand I find I have to re login every time...and the password is beyond stupid! Why oh why does the new named site do this? And why is the password a. So long and b. So stupid?
Nickeveson

Re: New name

Post by Nickeveson »

Just closed it down and reopened and had to log in with password AGAIN! Have clicked the 'remember' me' button...at a loss to suss it out.

If it keeps on happening I might have to cancel my subscription......as this has only started happening since the rebrand
gaz

Post by gaz »

There might be some ideas in this thread concerning initial teething troubles: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=105045

Reading through it seems the forum's domain address has changed and if your browser is not set to store cookies from the current site this may be cause an issue.

If that doesn't prove helpful than hopefully someone more techy will be along shortly.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Graham

Post by Graham »

I don't understand the problem here. . . . password to long ????? . . . . why ???

Basic question :
Are you talking about this forum OR the main Cycling UK website ?

If referring to this forum :
On initial registration YOU choose the password.
If you want to change it at any time - YOU choose the new password.

The ONLY time the forum auto-generates a password is when you use the "I-forgot-my-password" facility.
In this case you can reset the auto-gen password to your own choice of password at any time ( after regaining login ).

PS. Cancelling your subscription to Cycling UK is almost irrelevant to this forum, because you don't need to be a "member" to use the forum.