Unprovoked zooming, no drag and drop

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
DaveP

Unprovoked zooming, no drag and drop

Post by DaveP »

For want of a technical description!
I had noticed a change in font and increase in text size when the update occurred. Eventually concluded that aesthetics apart, it was actually more legible for me with aging eyes and old screen...
But I have since experienced sudden changes in size. A couple of times now.
This morning I typed a post as normal. When I submitted it everything went to "small print" size.
I looked through the control panel to see if there were any controls available and it suddenly went back to big :?:

And while I'm mentioning stuff - the facility to drag and drop a few words when editing ones efforts before going public doesn't seem to work any more. I can highlight them, and drag them, but when I take my finger off they just go to the end of the last line typed
Trying to retain enough fitness to grow old disgracefully... That hasn't changed!
mjr

Re: Unprovoked zooming, no drag and drop

Post by mjr »

The fonts changing size might be that an old theme has been cached - would you ask your browser to clear its cache (often somewhere under Tools, Preferences or "Clear Private Data") and see if that helps?

DaveP wrote:And while I'm mentioning stuff - the facility to drag and drop a few words when editing ones efforts before going public doesn't seem to work any more. I can highlight them, and drag them, but when I take my finger off they just go to the end of the last line typed

Sadly, that's probably more down to the browser: I just tested and I can still move words like that.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The only thing that might change text sizes while you are looking around the Forum site would be your browser.

Typically a browser will increase font size (or page zoom) if you press Ctrl-+ (control key and plus) and will reduce font size on pressing Ctrl-- (control key and minus). Set the font to the original size with Ctrl-0 (control key and zero).

Another thing that might cause unexpected zooming is if your mouse is set up to do something like zoom when you roll the scroll wheel, perhaps when you're holding the control key down.

Similarly, the only thing allowing you to drag-and-drop text is your browser: the website has nothing to do with that.
DaveP

Post by DaveP »

Thanks for your response. I will duly turn my attention to my browser.
(Glad I didn't start with a rant - Whew!)

Only thing is, I'm pretty confident that the only thing I did just prior to the size change was to press CR. Still, I'll give it a tidy up, pop new batteries in the mouse etc. and threaten it a bit - last refuge of the incompetent! Then we'll see... :D
Trying to retain enough fitness to grow old disgracefully... That hasn't changed!