Posts pulled

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
661-Pete

Re: Posts pulled

Post by 661-Pete »

Psamathe wrote:Guardian does not like it when you disagree with their columnists. They quickly delete your posts and put you on pre-moderated list.
And don't I know it! :lol: I got pre-modded once, I asked them to delete the pre-modded account (by sending them a "GBCW" e-mail), then opened another account under a different username and E-mail 8) . Thus far I've not been pre-modded in my new guise. Last Graun columnist whom I insulted, and got moderated, was Giles Frazer, whom I consider .......... [no I won't say it, not here - don't want to cause more embarrassment to this forum].

However, appeal their stupidity and they will sit on it for a few days, then restore your posts (after everybody has stopped reading the column).
Yes they've done that to me once or twice. Not much point though.
Last edited by 661-Pete on 20 Nov 2016, 12:18pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
gaz

Post by gaz »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:... complaints IIRC if you can find the wording? are still with a pen..

CTC's complaints procedure reached the 21st Century early in 2015 and you can submit a complaint by e-mail. Note that the forum Ts&Cs state that decisions of the moderators are outside the scope of an appeal under the CTC complaints procedure.

Speaking as someone who has had posts pulled, the volunteer moderators continue to have my support for the work they do.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

gaz wrote: ... If we are thinking of the same missing poster than I feel sure he has already risen phoenix like under a new guise.

Speaking as somebody who's obsessively suspicious of everybody on the internet, there's a post on this very thread which seems to hint at that quite openly.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Thanks Gaz, Can you help us out with how you contact CEO :?:

http://www.cyclinguk.org/about-ctc/poli ... -procedure

"First and foremost please make sure that the relevant part of Cycling UK knows if you have any issues at all with our service so they can be recorded and dealt with at source.

If you do not get a response or you are not happy with the answer you contact the Chief Executive or Councillor directly"
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
gaz

Post by gaz »

The forum has other expertise on complaints, research leads me here.
Philip Benstead wrote:Send it to Mr. Paul Tuohy Chief Executive Cyclists' Touring Club paul.tuohy@cyclinguk.org
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Philip who ....... :)
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
gaz

Post by gaz »

Listen, don't mention Philip! I mentioned him once, but I think I got away with it all right. So! He's all forgotten now, and let's hear no more about him :wink: .
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Who .... !!!!
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
gaz wrote:The forum has other expertise on complaints, research leads me here.
Philip Benstead wrote:Send it to Mr. Paul Tuohy Chief Executive Cyclists' Touring Club paul.tuohy@cyclinguk.org

And if you are not around Gaz, how would I use that contact in the 21st century :?:

That contact does not exist on the Cycling UK site. I might be wrong I am sometimes.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
gaz

Post by gaz »

Not the easiest thing to find but it is there: http://www.cyclinguk.org/about/cycling-uk-board . CEO contact details can be found from a link at the foot of that page in Cycling UK Board of Trustees - Current Contact List.pdf

It's an appropriate place for the information even if it does feel somewhat like the on-line equivalent of it being on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'.

Somewhat simpler to find is the "contact us" page: http://www.cyclinguk.org/contact-cycling-uk
General enquiries

Still don't know who to contact? Email general enquiries.

01483-238301
cycling@cyclinguk.org

Who would hopefully furnish you with the necessary contact details for the CEO.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

I haven't figured out yet, who the 'missing' forummer might be. I can think of a few 'candidates'! It bothers me that it might be someone I'd called out. I don't like seeing anyone 'banned' , apart from obvious trolls and spam-merchants, that is. Being politely asked by the Mods to desist, fine, but banning - rather not!

Please don't enlighten me, anyone, at least not openly on the forum. Perhaps it's best I remain in ignorance,....
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

661-Pete wrote:I haven't figured out yet, who the 'missing' forummer might be. I can think of a few 'candidates'! It bothers me that it might be someone I'd called out. I don't like seeing anyone 'banned' , apart from obvious trolls and spam-merchants, that is. Being politely asked by the Mods to desist, fine, but banning - rather not!

Please don't enlighten me, anyone, at least not openly on the forum. Perhaps it's best I remain in ignorance,....

The banned individual was not banned by the forum admin/mods but at the instruction of the CTC/CUK (they must think that they can stop people holding them to scrutiny by banning them from posting here (daft ... but some people are).

Ian
meic

Post by meic »

gaz wrote:
NATURAL ANKLING wrote:... complaints IIRC if you can find the wording? are still with a pen..

CTC's complaints procedure reached the 21st Century early in 2015 and you can submit a complaint by e-mail. Note that the forum Ts&Cs state that decisions of the moderators are outside the scope of an appeal under the CTC complaints procedure.

Speaking as someone who has had posts pulled, the volunteer moderators continue to have my support for the work they do.

I know better than to doubt Gaz on such things but you can appeal above the heads of the moderators to somebody at the CTC, I remember Skidd doing it when his posts were removed and the moderators having to wait for a decision from above.
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=71931&start=15

You cant help but like Graham's clear unambiguous communication. :D
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=88026
Yma o Hyd
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

As an aside, the Sport section of the Daily Telegraph - a once proud newspaper which once covered sport particularly well - now includes among its contributors a former football referee who comments on the performance of current referees. :roll: You might think he'd be just the sort of person to know that at every match there's a crowd - nowadays often a thin crowd - of people who feel they could do it better than the person with the whistle.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

661-Pete wrote:I haven't figured out yet, who the 'missing' forummer might be. I can think of a few 'candidates'! It bothers me that it might be someone I'd called out. I don't like seeing anyone 'banned' , apart from obvious trolls and spam-merchants, that is. Being politely asked by the Mods to desist, fine, but banning - rather not!

I remember a guy once, let us call him B1, who was like a broken.record with his criticism of CUK. I always thought the forum would be better off without him.

Now I don't know who the banned person is, nor care much, but what I do care about is this forum. I care that there's an interesting bunch of people who communicate in a friendly manner on a wide range of cycling related topics. A real mix of knowledge and experience to draw a from I've learnt a lot and really hope and expect to continue learning more from members of this forum.

http://forum.cyclinguk.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=110586

IMHO the excellent work of the moderators is greatly valued by me in keeping this forum such a great source of information, debate and cycling information. They do this as volunteers too. We should really appreciate that.

If we don't agree with a case of moderation then IMHO that's a a small price to pay to keep this forum working as well.as it is. If you disagree then perhaps you should try and become a moderator to actually see what is involved.

BTW did I say it's a good source of information?

http://forum.cyclinguk.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=110586

P.S. excuse my shameless plug for information.