Posts pulled

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Si

Re: Posts pulled

Post by Si »

meic wrote:
gaz wrote:
NATURAL ANKLING wrote:... complaints IIRC if you can find the wording? are still with a pen..

CTC's complaints procedure reached the 21st Century early in 2015 and you can submit a complaint by e-mail. Note that the forum Ts&Cs state that decisions of the moderators are outside the scope of an appeal under the CTC complaints procedure.

Speaking as someone who has had posts pulled, the volunteer moderators continue to have my support for the work they do.

I know better than to doubt Gaz on such things but you can appeal above the heads of the moderators to somebody at the CTC, I remember Skidd doing it when his posts were removed and the moderators having to wait for a decision from above.
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=71931&start=15

You cant help but like Graham's clear unambiguous communication. :D
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=88026

The bit about moderators being outside the scope of the head office bods is a little open to interpretation - I seam to recall that a couple of us read it and thought it meant totally different things! I would suggest that if you want to make a complaint to HO then go ahead and do it - at worst it'll cost you a couple of minutes of typing so what's to lose? You can even complain to HO about certain individuals being "temporarily suspended" if you want.
gaz

Post by gaz »

Si wrote:The bit about moderators being outside the scope of the head office bods is a little open to interpretation - I seam to recall that a couple of us read it and thought it meant totally different things!

The bit on the forum Ts&Cs is fairly unambiguous (my highlighting).
Appeals

If you believe that you have been ill-used by a member of the forum staff then you may appeal.
In the first case you should simply contact that particular member of the forum staff and make your case in a polite, reasoned and respectful way. The staff are more than pleased to listen to views on moderation issues, however if those views contain abusive material then the poster automatically loses their right to appeal.
If you are still unhappy then you should appeal to another member of the forum staff who is either at the same or higher level in the staff hierarchy. Your appeal should be made by Personal Message and you should include within it your name, your CTC membership number and the details of why you are appealing.
Use of the forum is NOT covered by the Cycling UK Formal Complaints Procedure. There is no further appeal beyond the voluntary forum staff.

The only ambiguity I can see arising is that CTC members seem to have greater rights of appeal than non-members.

The bit on the Cycling UK website is more ambiguous but IMO is a statement that Cycling UK staff will generally neither monitor nor take part in forum discussions and that the forum should not be used to raise a complaint, at least not if you would like an official response :wink: .

Si wrote:I would suggest that if you want to make a complaint to HO then go ahead and do it - at worst it'll cost you a couple of minutes of typing so what's to lose? You can even complain to HO about certain individuals being "temporarily suspended" if you want.

You can't say fairer than that :mrgreen: .

PS I agree completely with meic that skidd (and possibly some others) have raised complaints about moderation and they appear to have been considered by National Office.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Si

Post by Si »

The point of discussion was with the bit you linked to on the website rather than the bit you quoted from the forum: when it says "complaints on the forum" does it mean general complaints that are just posted as messages on the forum (and don't necessarily have anything to do with the forum itself - e.g. too many MTB articles in Cycle magazine), or does it mean complaints about the way a user has been treated on the forum (e.g. I think my post was unfairly removed)?
gaz

Post by gaz »

Best left as is, after all is it not written:
Vroomfondel wrote:We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade