Reducing an image to become an Avatar here

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
ACyclingRooster

Re: Reducing an image to become an Avatar here

Post by ACyclingRooster »

mjr wrote:
ACyclingRooster wrote:Perhaps I misunderstood you meaning or import here - please explain in more depth and without spouting figures from some research. When I used the term 'Fact' I was speaking from my own visual and actual experience of seeing cyclists with Walkman systems and in more recent times - mobile phones connected to their heads/ears by earplugs/miniature loudspeakers.

So when you used the term "fact", you really meant "opinion" and ignore the posting of evidence of facts. There's some non-research explanation on the recent thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=110955

Not wanting to persist with this 'Off Topic' point BUT what do you not understand or accept about :--

When I used the term 'Fact' I was speaking from my own visual and actual experience of seeing cyclists with Walkman systems and in more recent times - mobile phones connected to their heads/ears by earplugs/miniature loudspeakers.
Your ears are rear end defenders - keep them free of clutter - use them in conjunction with your eyes.
mjr

Post by mjr »

ACyclingRooster wrote:Not wanting to persist with this 'Off Topic' point BUT what do you not understand or accept about :--

When I used the term 'Fact' I was speaking from my own visual and actual experience of seeing cyclists with Walkman systems and in more recent times - mobile phones connected to their heads/ears by earplugs/miniature loudspeakers.

I understand but don't accept that an anonymous person's vague and unsubstantiated experience defines something as "fact" when it is contrary to better evidence from attributed, published research.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
ACyclingRooster

Post by ACyclingRooster »

mjr wrote:
ACyclingRooster wrote:Not wanting to persist with this 'Off Topic' point BUT what do you not understand or accept about :--

I understand but don't accept that an anonymous person's vague and unsubstantiated experience defines something as "fact" when it is contrary to better evidence from attributed, published research.

I was not talking about " an anonymous person's vague and unsubstantiated experience" I was relating to me and only me having seen with both of my perfectly good eyes - now if that was/is not fact - then what the hell is ?
Your ears are rear end defenders - keep them free of clutter - use them in conjunction with your eyes.
mjr

Post by mjr »

ACyclingRooster wrote:I was not talking about " an anonymous person's vague and unsubstantiated experience" I was relating to me and only me having seen with both of my perfectly good eyes - now if that was/is not fact - then what the hell is ?

Stuff you can measure or describe and reliably reproduce, like aggregation of recorded factors contributing to collisions and the rarity of cyclist headphones in that. Here, you are anonymous (or more accurately pseudonymous) and while you may know what you think you saw and that your expression of them is unambiguous, it wouldn't be the first time that such things misled people.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

ACyclingRooster wrote:
mjr wrote:
ACyclingRooster wrote:Perhaps I misunderstood you meaning or import here - please explain in more depth and without spouting figures from some research. When I used the term 'Fact' I was speaking from my own visual and actual experience of seeing cyclists with Walkman systems and in more recent times - mobile phones connected to their heads/ears by earplugs/miniature loudspeakers.

So when you used the term "fact", you really meant "opinion" and ignore the posting of evidence of facts. There's some non-research explanation on the recent thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=110955

Not wanting to persist with this 'Off Topic' point BUT what do you not understand or accept about :--

If you carry on with that 'fact' you also stated 'they passed you' presumably without incident or accident?
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

As the OP seems to have sorted the avatar thing, this thread is being locked.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom