"Can't reach this page"

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
thirdcrank

"Can't reach this page"

Post by thirdcrank »

I don't know if this is a technical matter or something which has been moderated out of existence but in preparing to post on the current punishment passes thread I have tried to link to an earlier post where I drew attention to legislation which meant a vehicle could be seized if it was being repeatedly used to harass people. When I tried to follow a link to that post from another thread I got "can't reach this page." As I dug around I found a reference to post from another member (Braveheart) with a different link to something similar (Sussex Police Operation Crackdown) which got the same error result.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27769&p=218832&#p218832
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36248&start=15#p289388

Any clues would be appreciated.
661-Pete

Re: "Can't reach this page"

Post by 661-Pete »

I'm not sure whether you mean the links to your earlier posts (from 2009!) which are broken, or the link to legislation.gov.uk contained within one of those posts, which are broken.

Regarding your own posts, definitely not: I had no problems getting to them: here:
and here:

But the gov.uk page which you link to seems to be not there any more.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Thanks for that. I'm baffled why I couldn't get back to my old post this morning - but the fact that the link within the post is broken does defeat my reason for trying. I used plan B and found the same legislation in its new parking place.

Thanks again :D

PS I'll have a go at editing my own post to insert the current link to the s 59 legislation, on the odd chance that somebody may read the post.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

TC.
Just quoting your post above, shows that your broken links don't have the http:// at the beginnings.
thirdcrank wrote:I don't know if this is a technical matter or something which has been moderated out of existence but in preparing to post on the current punishment passes thread I have tried to link to an earlier post where I drew attention to legislation which meant a vehicle could be seized if it was being repeatedly used to harass people. When I tried to follow a link to that post from another thread I got "can't reach this page." As I dug around I found a reference to post from another member (Braveheart) with a different link to something similar (Sussex Police Operation Crackdown) which got the same error result.

Any clues would be appreciated.

http://viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27769&p=218832&#p218832
http://viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36248&start=15#p289388
Mick F. Cornwall
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Yup. When I tried to reach the posts originally, I clicked on the full links in the posts.

When I was writing my OP here, rather than quote each thread to get the full link, I just copied and pasted what appeared in the bar at the top of the screen. The main point is that I'm sorted now, and neither the FBI nor the CIA have been checking to see if I have symptoms of dementia. I hope. :wink: Can't be sure about GCHQ