Disappearing Posts

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
SimonCelsa

Disappearing Posts

Post by SimonCelsa »

I am sure there was a post from a fellow very recently enquiring as to what upgrades to his bike could be purchased for £3500.

Was I just imagining this as it seems to have disappeared?

I am pretty sure it was on the 'Does anybody know' board as I recall the title '£3500 to spend' thread immediately preceded the one about what to do with a 20 quid Halfords voucher. Seemed quite amusing,

All the best, Simon
gaz

Re: Disappearing Posts

Post by gaz »

Sometimes posts are lost without trace.

The thread you mention seems to have gone too :wink: .
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

On this forum threads are rarely, if ever, locked. They just disappear down the memory hole, sometimes only over a spat between two members in thread. All information, good and bad, is lost.

I didn't follow the thread by the 16 yr old lad, but it is interesting that the swearing ban (which I'm actually in favour of), was instituted so that the board would be family friendly. AFAIK that thread was, if not the first, one of the few by a minor and it has ended up down the memory hole. Somewhat ironic, as I imagine that lad won't be coming back now his thread has been disappeared.

I'm not sure why wholesale thread deletion is favoured over locking threads or giving warnings to trouble makers, but it is.
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

Yes, I replied to that thread. He was using Campag Athena on a Lynskey and wanted to upgrade.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

I did wonder if it was a wind-up...it all sounded a bit implausible.