Plagiarism?

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Ian Bonner

Plagiarism?

Post by Ian Bonner »

I am new to this forum and having spent some time on the search facility, without success. Can some one point me towards:

a) Some basic stats and data references regarding building new roads or redesigning existing to relieve motor traffic congestion and investing in walking and cycling networks to achieve similar.

b) I would like to distribute a flyer regarding the pros and cons of cycling on the pedestrian flyer. I would like to state "that some one is more likely to end up in Accident and Emergency if you cycle on the pavement instead of the road" Is this true? Has any one produced something similar that I can copy please?
thirdcrank

Re: Plagiarism?

Post by thirdcrank »

Ian Bonner wrote:I am new to this forum and having spent some time on the search facility, without success. Can some one point me towards:

a) Some basic stats and data references regarding building new roads or redesigning existing to relieve motor traffic congestion and investing in walking and cycling networks to achieve similar.

b) I would like to distribute a flyer regarding the pros and cons of cycling on the pedestrian flyer. I would like to state "that some one is more likely to end up in Accident and Emergency if you cycle on the pavement instead of the road" Is this true? Has any one produced something similar that I can copy please?

Welcome to the forum.

Was your second "flyer" intended to be another word?

You seem to be interested in two broad areas. Quite a lot on providing for cyclists try searching on Cycle friendly infrastructure.

The bit for pedestrians at the side of the road might variously be described as a footpath, pavement or by the technical term "footway" which will be in any official stuff.

If you haven't worked it out already, your proposed flyer covers a controversial subject.

PS Forgot to mention this may not be the best bit of the forum to get many answers. It's more a subject for Campaigning and public policy. This section is where IT incompetents like me come for technical IT advice from the whizz kids when our grandchildren are at school. :wink: