What happens to sent MESSAGES FOLDER when FULL

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
horizon

What happens to sent MESSAGES FOLDER when FULL

Post by horizon »

I preserve inbox messages by sending them to saved messages and, when that is full, copying them and storing them off-site. There is a warning when the inbox is full.

So two questions:

1. What happens when the Sent messages folder is full?
2. If I create a new folder, does that count towards my total allowable space?

Thank you.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
gaz

Re: What happens to sent messages folder if full

Post by gaz »

1. I don't know.
2. I have created one additional folder. This has a capacity of 100 messages. The capacity in this folder is in addition to the 100 messages capacity in each of my standard folders. I do not know if there is a limit to the number of additional folders I can create.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
John1054

Post by John1054 »

1. I think (if I remember correctly) that any message above 100 displaces the oldest PM.

2. Each folder created can hold 100 messages, but there is a limit as to how many folders you can create (again if I remember correctly).

Exporting messages off the Forum is probably the best way of storing bulky folders.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

I have extra folders. I don't know if staff get extra space, or what the limit is.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Sorry to go a bit off topic but this has prompted me to have a clear out. I don't take steps to preserve old PM's I just don't bother to delete them till I get a warning that there's no space. I had some dated 2012 and some of the PM subjects had become meaningless. All now gone to the great electronic shredder in the sky.
horizon

Post by horizon »

Thanks all for the replies. I've created a new folder and have exported the sent messages to that. I still find it curious though that you get warned about losing messages in Inbox but not in Sent folder.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
Graham

Post by Graham »

I have just made a discovery . . . . . . .

On the Private Messages page there is a horizontal TAB that I have never opened before :
Rules, folders & settings

I can select "If folder is full :" . . . . . "Delete oldest messages"
The default is "Do not accept new messages . . . ( until manual deletion makes some space . . .)

That is handy. No more mystery PM blockages ( probably ).
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Graham

Have you any similar wheezes for clearing garages and/or lofts at a stroke? That would be of infinitely more practical use to me :oops: :oops: :oops:
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

thirdcrank wrote:Graham

Have you any similar wheezes for clearing garages and/or lofts at a stroke? That would be of infinitely more practical use to me :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol: I need one for my cellar, too.

Thanks.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom