Multi quotes

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
1942alexander

Multi quotes

Post by 1942alexander »

I'm trying to find a way of quoting bits of text from several contributors over several thread pages. The scrolling window which appears when you press quote does not seem to allow you to go back through all the thread pages. Can this be done?
Thanks...Alex
mjr

Re: Multi quotes

Post by mjr »

If you really want to quote from lots of old posts (and I think it's usually a bad idea and the post would often be better written as a standalone) then open a tab/window on the old posts, middle-click on the quote buttons of the relevant posts to open them in new windows/tabs and copy-paste them into your main reply window.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
1942alexander

Post by 1942alexander »

Many thanks mjr. I'll try that later....Alex
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I "quote" each whole post and paste each in turn into Notepad, before back-arrowing, if that's the right expression, to get rid of the unwanted POST A REPLY" screen. Then, I can edit the whole lot at leisure, before posting the result in the ordinary way by pasting it in, usually previewing it to make sure the formatting is right. It's probably cumbersome and unnecessary, but there was a time when it seemed dead easy to hit the submit button and lose the lot, so that's when I got into the habit of doing things like this offline.

I'm by no means any sort of expert.
1942alexander

Post by 1942alexander »

Thanks thirdcrank. I'll have a go at that method as well.
Cheers... Alex