attachment size

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
cotterpins

attachment size

Post by cotterpins »

Whenever I want to add an attachment I'm notified that it's too big . . . what is the attach size limit? Not too technical please>
thirdcrank

Re: attachment size

Post by thirdcrank »

They do say 256k (although I don't know if that's kilometres or what :oops: )

My simpleton's way round this is to open the attachment in MS Paint, then resize it by an arbitrary amount eg 25% then see what happens when I try to attach the result. I can't remember the last time it didn't achieve the magic green tick, but if it didn't I'd repeat the process in Paint.

PS When I got Windows 10 I couldn't see MS Paint so I thought it had been junked but it just needs to be dug out from the electronic junk room:

Paint is still part of Windows. To open Paint, type paint in the search box on the taskbar, and then select Paint from the list of results.
geomannie

Re: attachment size

Post by geomannie »

Hi

If you want to resize images, |Irfanview is the best free Windows image editing tool I know https://www.irfanview.com/. I have used it for years and it just gets better and better

It does image manipulation (note that its not Photoshop) but more usefully if can open any image format, resize and re-export in another.

Well worth a try
geomannie