Clarification on swearing

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Bez

Re: Clarification on swearing

Post by Bez »

Audax67 wrote:Telling someone to elbow off was a mortal insult. I can't imagine it getting much censure here, though.

Probably because most people think it's just humerus.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Bez wrote:
Audax67 wrote:Telling someone to elbow off was a mortal insult. I can't imagine it getting much censure here, though.

Ha! Socket to 'em! :lol:
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Vorpal wrote:
Bez wrote:

Ha! Socket to 'em! :lol:

Good to see several people coming to a joint agreement
mjr

Post by mjr »

pwa wrote:It would be interesting if we could look at how this develops on this Forum over the years. In some ways it is already behind general society in that language and jokes that would go unremarked on a light hearted TV programme such as Taskmaster would be censored here.

There seems to be a recent trend of moderators replacing even very mild swearing with things like "FFE'd" which in at least one case has been put in place of where I'd written "effed". Having it all in capitals is more attention-grabbing and makes it look like I'd used a worse word than I did. Why did it matter in which order the letters E, F and F appeared? Have the mods got this one a bit wrong?
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Graham

Post by Graham »

The subsequent linguistic digression has been split off into the fun & Games section.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=137851