Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Not that I'm that worried really I just thought I'd post this here
Attachments
A8A89033-4217-4A77-8360-45FE1F465679.png
7430A215-46A4-4AFD-8C99-690C4CA4885D.png
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Graham

Re: Am I Worried Cycling UK Privacy ETC

Post by Graham »

This extracted from the "About this forum" section / Guidelines, etc.

Site Usage Analytics

In common with many websites, we use server log file analysis to provide basic information such as trends in visitor numbers, and which browsers and device types are most popular over time.

For more detailed usage analysis, we also use Google Analytics (https://analytics.google.com/) and Piwik (https://piwik.org/ - Piwik is very similar to Google Analytics, but the data is kept private to the host, rather than shared with Google). If you do not want your visits included in this analysis you can use your browser's "Do Not Track" option, or install a plugin like uBlock Origin.

That was provided by Anthony, who runs the FORUM on his server. . . . . and understands such things.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Am I no longer Worried about Cycling UK Privacy on Forum

Post by admin »

Easy to opt out of analytical tracking, if you want to. I recommend uBlock Origin, but there are many tracking blockers available.

I don't actually run Piwik/Matomo on the Forum any more, so there's only the Google Analytics analysis used by Cycling UK.

The tracking you should mostly be worried about is that used by advertising companies. You know, when you start seeing adverts for products you've been searching for, or have just bought? The Forum doesn't carry any advertising, so that's not a problem here.