Forum Update Issues

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Psamathe

Forum Update Issues

Post by Psamathe »

Dark Theme: Dark blue text on a marginally darker blue background doesn't work (not easy to read, actually very difficult to read). - talking about in the lists of forum sections and lists of forum posts. Text in the post itself is fine although text at top of each post (title and person posting is "challenging" to notice).

Ian
Last edited by Psamathe on 3 Apr 2021, 3:04pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Forum Update Issues

Post by admin »

It's the contributed Dark theme, out-of-the-box, with just the Cycling UK logo added.

I can tweak it, if really needed.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

For my (with good eye site the dark blue text on a marginally darker blue background is a non-starter). But I'd question if tweaking it is worthwhile or if just finding a better theme is the way forward (it's pretty clunky in appearance). And the dark text on a dark background is an indication of the thought and design gone into the theme e.g. text sizes are all over the place in both themes, some text weeny whilst other text comparatively large making it all look "thrown together". I'd ditch them both and switch to something the designer put a bit more effort into.

Ian
Last edited by Psamathe on 3 Apr 2021, 3:11pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

How's that now? Lighter blue for links.

The main attraction of this particular dark theme was that it's basically Prosilver. So easy to keep in sync with Cycling UK modifications.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Just bobbed on and thought, at first glance, that everything was locked for some reason.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Oh, yeah, the icons are a bit odd. Didn't spot that before.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

admin wrote: 3 Apr 2021, 3:10pm How's that now? Lighter blue for links.

The main attraction of this particular dark theme was that it's basically Prosilver. So easy to keep in sync with Cycling UK modifications.
Looks quite different from proSilver - mainly because of the weird text sizes, some text small, other text disproportionately large. Design (compared to e.g. the two I linked to earlier in the proSilver issues thread) - these two are "thrown together" and look clunky.

Ian
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

That’s a bit better for Dark theme as I managed to navigate out again. Won’t be using it though as found it a real strain to read.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

admin wrote: 3 Apr 2021, 3:12pm Oh, yeah, the icons are a bit odd. Didn't spot that before.
Another indication it's been quickly throw together (others had a lot more thought and (from memory) selected e.g. fontawesome icons.

Ian
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Happy to try a different dark theme, if you want to choose one.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

This may be my incompetence but it doesn't fit the who width of my screen as it did before. I've checked the usual things so zoom is on 100%
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, Prosilver doesn't fill the full width of a very wide screen. I think to keep the lines of text readable.

Were you one of the few using Subsilver before?
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

"Lighter blue" still difficult (on iPhone ... forget it).

Ian
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

admin wrote: 3 Apr 2021, 3:21pm No, Prosilver doesn't fill the full width of a very wide screen. I think to keep the lines of text readable.

Were you one of the few using Subsilver before?
I really don't know. mjr explained to me how to check only a couple of days ago, I did check and I've already forgotten. That's mainly from not being all that bothered. If what I'm looking at is normal I can live with it. I thought it was something I had sone.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There were 33 people using Subsilver on the board before, out of 22,000+ total users. I'd have kept the Subsilver option if it was available.