Advertising mutable items?

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
GKATHOME

Advertising mutable items?

Post by GKATHOME »

How do I advertise multiple items in bits for sale.This requires a step by step explanation for dummies.I have spent all morning on this and have nothing to show for it.
Thanks
Gerry
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Advertising mutable items?

Post by Mick F »

How many are "multiple" and are they the same sort of things?

You have to list the individual bits in the text in one post and you have to amend what has been sold off the list to keep people informed.

This one for instance.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=144903
Mick F. Cornwall
GKATHOME

Post by GKATHOME »

Thanks Mick I have been trying to post description then photo then on the same post another description and photo and so on.This is to try and post maybe ten or eleven items.I can do it individually but admin request they all be on one post.
It looks as if I will have to do all the descriptions first then a string of photos as in your example although I have seen posts set out differently . I may ask them on their posts how they managed it.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I appreciate your problem, but I think the reason for the rule might be to avoid turning the forum into a competitor for ebay.

My only personal experience comes from giving away perhaps ten items a while ago. ie No complications other than sending the individual items first come, first served. In anticipation of confusion, I cleared it with Graham then posted most items as separate posts. Even that caused all sorts of complications; if there'd been haggling over price etc., it might have defeated me.

I think your choices really are either sell things one or two at a time or use ebay etc.
backnotes

Post by backnotes »

I read the OP as making a simpler request about adding more than one image within a single post rather than a "policy" question?

The way I do this is to place the images "inline" rather than attach them. This is an option after you have done "add files". They then add to the post where the text cursor is at the time, rather than attached at the end of the post.

Random for sale item 1 - tandem with sidecar
Screenshot 2021-02-16 at 15.56.35.png
Random for sale item 2 - example of how not to wear a borrowed cycle helmet in a photoshoot
Continental helmet strap close-up.JPG
Random for sale item 3 - tin of mouldy tomatoes
Tomatoes.jpg
If that was the original question, then using "place inline" to position the images may be the answer. If it wasn't, then it isn't!

PS I thought from the title that you had found the answer to the question that has fascinated cycling alchemists for years - how to take a Sora groupset, and transmute it into Dura-Ace!
Last edited by backnotes on 9 Apr 2021, 12:23pm, edited 1 time in total.
GKATHOME

Post by GKATHOME »

Thanks for the reply it definitely a solution.As for the title how I hate predictive text, but sure hope if it provides a few chuckles.I am too old to be embarrassed.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Sorry if I missed the point.

I think this is one of the explanatory threads

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=36594