Information Message

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Information Message

Post by Mick F »

thirdcrank wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 2:27pm
What purpose does it serve?
It briefly confirms your instruction has been carried out.
Yes, of course, but that's not my question.

What purpose does it serve?

Why don't we have an "Are you sure?" when we log out?
Or a message lingering on the screen for two seconds confirming we've logged out?
What about all the other things we do on here? Why not a confirmation message for those?
Mick F. Cornwall
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Might be best to ask on the phpBB forums?

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewforum.php?f=661
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Most (all?) other actions are self-indicating in that if you eg click on Board index, the board index either appears right before your very eyes, or it doesn't, in which case you know something has not happened. I'm not going to log out to try this, but I'm pretty sure that if you log out, the next thing you see is "You have been logged out."

PS. Checked and it doesn't seem to say that. You get the index screen with the option to log in.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

thirdcrank wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 2:54pm Most (all?) other actions are self-indicating in that if you eg click on Board index, the board index either appears right before your very eyes, or it doesn't, in which case you know something has not happened. I'm not going to log out to try this, but I'm pretty sure that if you log out, the next thing you see is "You have been logged out."

PS. Checked and it doesn't seem to say that. You get the index screen with the option to log in.
The "read posts" message is the only one.
If there were some consistency about this, I could see the point. I wouldn't agree, but I could see the point.

The "read posts" message is the only one and serves no purpose ........ other than to annoy me. :wink:
admin wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 2:54pm Might be best to ask on the phpBB forums?

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewforum.php?f=661
Good idea. Thanks.
May do that later this evening or tomorrow.
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I'm winding my neck in about this.

I don't like it, but I will live with it. The layout of this forum is/was the default layout, and that's why I changed to Subsilver2 which was an excellent layout and display, but no longer supported.

This reminds me of my lovely iPhone 5c .............. no longer supported. :cry:
Mick F. Cornwall