Deleting posts

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
soapbox

Deleting posts

Post by soapbox »

Can anyone help, please.

I've posted two 'offered for free' posts and the items have been taken, but I don't know how to delete the posts. I sent a message to admin (I think!) asking someone to do it but the posts are still there. Is there an obvious way to do it that I'm just missing?
colin54

Re: Deleting posts

Post by colin54 »

Just click on the x at the top of the post ( next to the pencil and quotation marks icons ), I've just tried this on the test section and it seems to work.
Nu-Fogey
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

I'm not an expert... but I think that that method only works if there hasn't been a subsequent post in that thread...

Jonathan
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Jdsk wrote: 20 Apr 2021, 7:30pm I'm not an expert... but I think that that method only works if there hasn't been a subsequent post in that thread...

Jonathan
Yes, I've just seen that, the X does not appear in the icons now.
Maybe best to use the pencil icon to edit the script down to nothing with the cursor or just edit the heading of the item posts to ''TAKEN'
Nu-Fogey
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

You can only delete a post with the x tab until somebody else posts.

The way to deal with this situation is to edit your first post (click on pencil icon) then edit the title to say some thing like GONE or SOLD. It's editing the title of your OP that notifies everybody of the changed situation
rjb

Post by rjb »

Don't posts in the sale threads disappear automatically after a set time scale if no posts added? Can't recall but 30 days springs to mind. It's buried somewhere in the t&C's :wink:

Just noticed it says the permissions allow the poster to delete the post. :?
This is at the bottom of the offered for free subject index.
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

The small ads do eventually disappear after a while but not before the potential for more futile interest to be generated after the transaction has occurred.