LIKE button

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Grumpy-Grandad

LIKE button

Post by Grumpy-Grandad »

How about adding a 'LIKE' button to all posts so when/if we read a comment from someone which we like and/or find helpful we can simply click the button so the person gets to know they've helped someone else?
Steve
mjr

Re: LIKE button

Post by mjr »

Previous discussion at viewtopic.php?f=14&t=103379

I don't know if anything has changed.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Grumpy-Grandad

Post by Grumpy-Grandad »

Thanks ..... looks like its a big fat NO then ..... its a shame but hey ho :(
Steve
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

Grumpy-Grandad wrote: 25 May 2021, 1:31pm How about adding a 'LIKE' button to all posts so when/if we read a comment from someone which we like and/or find helpful we can simply click the button so the person gets to know they've helped someone else?
I'd click like but there's no like button.
Lots of other Forums have one,one cycling Forum even gives you a choice of icons.
Grumpy-Grandad

Post by Grumpy-Grandad »

Hellhound wrote: 28 May 2021, 10:35am
Grumpy-Grandad wrote: 25 May 2021, 1:31pm How about adding a 'LIKE' button to all posts so when/if we read a comment from someone which we like and/or find helpful we can simply click the button so the person gets to know they've helped someone else?
I'd click like but there's no like button.
Lots of other Forums have one,one cycling Forum even gives you a choice of icons.
I'd click a like button for you liking my ideas of a like button ..... I like the sound of that ...... in fact, to misquote Cpl Jones ......
"I'd like to volunteer to be a like button Cpt Mainwairing Sir ..... I'd like it, I'd like it a lot"
Steve
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

mjr wrote: 25 May 2021, 2:12pm Previous discussion at viewtopic.php?f=14&t=103379

I don't know if anything has changed.
This is where I would press the "like" button, if it existed. To put it another way, I'm very much against the idea for the reasons expressed in that thread and indeed this in an earlier thread linked in that one.

viewtopic.php?p=353563#p353563

:wink: