Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Tangled Metal

Re: Covid Booster Thread moderation

Post by Tangled Metal »

No like button on here? That's a pity!
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Mick F wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 4:40pm Again, and I repeat.
I was suffering illness after Covid/post Covid/after testing negative etc etc etc.
Not well at all.

No mention of syndromes or Long Covid or Post-Covid.

Post vs Pre.
After vs Before.

The NHS statement is this:
About long COVID
How long it takes to recover from COVID-19 is different for everybody.
Many people feel better in a few days or weeks and most will make a full recovery within 12 weeks. But for some people, symptoms can last longer.
Post-Covid is a medical term. You are discussing a medical condition so medical terms apply. To me it sounds like you still have Covid but not in your nose or throat (but I'm not a medic). There is nothing in your story to suggest you have recovered from Covid and you were a long long way short of the 12 weeks.

Different countries use different Covid symptom lists, shorter "main symptoms" list is simpler and will include a %age whilst more complete symptom lists will include a higher %age of cases. UK uses a short list whilst CDC uses a longer list which means more complex but will incorporate more of those with the disease. And many of what to are claiming are post-Covid symptoms are actually in the CDC main list of symptoms.

Post-Covid/long-Covid can be a debilitating disease, not something you feel rough over for a few days then recover from. So your continued used of the term in a thread discussing medical conditions is complete misinformation.

Ian
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I cannot understand why people are reading SO MUCH into what I've written.

At no time have I said that I have had Long Covid or anything similar.
Please, everybody, understand me.

I was poorly after I had Covid. I wasn't ill during it, but AFTER it and was ill for a week.
I used the word "post" to mean afterwards. It's a normal word and I was (and still am) going to use it.

I was suffering post Covid.
Not from Post Covid.
Mick F. Cornwall
ncutler

Post by ncutler »

wot my old marketing proff used to say was:

"When you find you have dug yourself into a hole the best thing to do is to stop digging"
No pasaran
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

:lol: :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
ncutler

Post by ncutler »

post covid.JPG
This is a post covid
No pasaran
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

ncutler wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 7:25pm People are entirely free and entitled to be as daft, incoherent and stupid as they like as long as it's only their own funeral.
Promulgating lunatic stupidity in a way that damages, or might damage, or might conceivably do a tiny amount of harm to other people is not acceptable and is not going to happen on my watch.
How can 'lunatic stupidity' cause harm to anyone unless they consciously decide to believe it.It's still just information and we,as humans,process this as we see fit.
ncutler wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 7:25pm Daft ideas are not information: they remain daft ideas. They do provide useful 'information' about the education, knowledge, thought processes and likely motives of the perpetrators.
There are many 'daft ideas',not just Covid related,that are banded about by very well educated experts are we to dismiss them?Scientists argue amongst themselves constantly about this and that.Who's is right/wrong.It's just information and we choose to believe what we choose to believe.
ncutler wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 7:25pm There are no two sides to the vaccination -> autism argument. The notion that one might have to be 'balanced', even handed or impartial is a fraudulent confidence trick promoted by people and organisations with a pecuniary interest or antisocial axes to grind.
Of course there are.While ever there are those who choose to believe the vaccine>autism argument there are two sides.I remember the MMMR vaccine uproar well.My inlaws were extremely verbal when we had our kids vaccinated.That was their opinion.It didn't change our view.
There will always be two sides to everything whether you,I or anyone else wants it or not.It's Human nature.

I have a good friend who is 110% convinced that Covid is a hoax created by the Worlds wealthy to create something called the 'Great reset'.For every piece of evidence you can provide he will have a counter-piece that debunks it.He has sent me so many links I've lost count.Is plausible?Not to me and I would assume not to most but there are a few million out there who do find it plausible.However ridiculous it seems it's just information.I'm sure if I posted any of the links on here it would be branded 'misinformation anti-vax crap' but it isn't.It's just an alternative view with it's own scientific 'facts' that some choose to believe.Some of it is so unbelievable it's actually quite amusing.

In a nutshell though it's just information.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I know a couple of people who subscribe to the "fact" that it's all a hoax and The Great Reset.
They truly believe it.

Also, one of them maintains that the Covid vaccines are genetically modifying the people who get vaccinated.
Mick F. Cornwall
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Mick F wrote: 27 Nov 2021, 9:58am ....I was poorly after I had Covid. I wasn't ill during it, but AFTER it and was ill for a week.
I used the word "post" to mean afterwards. It's a normal word and I was (and still am) going to use it.

I was suffering post Covid.
Not from Post Covid.
What makes you think you no longer had Covid. As I've already said several times (maybe you'll read it this time?), a test does not define whether or not you have Covid - it only detects if you have virus in the places samples (nose and upper throat). You can have Covid in other areas of the body, just happens that taking samples from nose and throat is practical but does not say "you no longer have Covid".

And as already pointed out (but you seem to have not bothered reading), UK list of symptoms is only the main ones, CDC (US) has a much longer list many of which are in your list of symptoms (for Covid, NOT post-Covid).

LFT are rather poor as they give a lot of false negatives (i.e. say you don't have Covid when you do).

Ian
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Yep.
I don't disagree with you.

The strange thing is - perhaps it's not? - was that I tested positive but Mrs Mick tested negative.
She had no symptoms of anything throughout my illness.

Maybe she had it but showed no signs of it. She could have given it to me!

Off out soon to get our boosters.
Mick F. Cornwall