Borked forum

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Si

Borked forum

Post by Si »

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

was happening for me a while ago after hitting the back browser button to get from a post to the tea shop section.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Borked forum

Post by Mick F »

And me too.

I had an email prepared, to send to Anthony. But I checked to see if the forum was still down before I sent it.
It was back, so I deleted my email!
Mick F. Cornwall
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry folks, something killed the database. I'll add some additional monitoring on the server so I get to hear about this happening more quickly.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Shouldn't that be b***** ? :wink:
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

thirdcrank wrote:Shouldn't that be b***** ? :wink:

i expected better than this of you TC, after all the fuss you made recently about this sort of language :(
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

He'll be going down the beach in North Carolina next!
Mick F. Cornwall
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I hope everybody realised, I was making a fuss about people who make a fuss...... :shock:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Of course, TC!
(Good morning. BTW, how's Mrs TC?)
Mick F. Cornwall
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Mick F wrote:how's Mrs TC?

She was finally discharged from Jimmy's last week (after being in there most of the time since January - she did have a couple of days at home in between when they discharged her prematurely). She's had an abscess on her appendix which burst. Fortunately, she did not contract peritonitis because the gunge was contained in a small part of her abdominal cavity (luckily, she seems to have been designed by a naval architect :wink: ) That was all drained, though it flared up again when she came home early. She has to go back next month as an out-patient for a check with a periscope* or similar but at the moment she's fine.

* colonoscopy to the non-maritime.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Poor thing!
Give her our regards, and a "Get Well Soon".
Mick F. Cornwall
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

thirdcrank wrote:I hope everybody realised, I was making a fuss about people who make a fuss...... :shock:

that's just what i was doing. are you not bothered then if i wrote some**ing si**y ?
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I'm usually completely relaxed about what anybody writes, but if I think it's factually inaccurate I'd suggest a correction - trying to source what I was saying to get the point across. I do get uptight about inconsistent standards e.g. cyclists who would summarily execute anybody holding a driving licence, with hanging, drawing and quartering for those who actually drive a car, but who nevertheless reserve the right to ride as they please. We do seem to have a pretty civilised atmosphere on here in every respect, not through rules but because that's the way most people like it. Once you start with rules - and swearing is a good example - some people are immediately challenged to find loopholes and others look for justification in being grown up, funny, scientific, artistic, adult, exercising free speech etc.

I know I've unintentionally upset people, and whenever they've brought it to my notice, I've apologised and edited the post as discreetly as possible. I also know that any prolific poster is likely to irritate part of the potential audience. At least, we now have the facility through 'friends and foes' to switch people off, although I imagine some of the threads would become quite unintelligible and full of 'if you took the trouble to read my previous post' type comments.