none delivery of paid for item

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
mercianman

none delivery of paid for item

Post by mercianman »

I recently purchased a pair of Shimano 600 wheels through this forum. I sent my cheque for £95 including postage which was cashed on 19.03.09 and then received a PM on 31.03.09 to say that the seller couldn't find my address. I replied the same day with my address and waited and waited and I am still waiting. I sent a PM which has been opened, asking to confirm that the wheels had been sent or to send me a refund. I have had no reply to the PM, but the seller continues to access the forum. I do have their address and it is a 480 miles round trip to get them, but as a scouser I don't like people taking the P and it will be well worth it just to see their face.

Is there any advice that you can give me
Si

Re: none delivery of paid for item

Post by Si »

I'd suggest that if you've had no acceptable reply from the person concerned that you send the details of the incident to the moderators and see if a neutral third-party can try to sort things out before you decide to 'escalate' things. Although it might not seem clear, there may be a reasonable explanation and it's always best to give the other party plenty of chance to explain and remedy the problem before progressing to a stage where things might become a little more hostile. Even making a public posting such as this might serve to antagonise as others can search back though your posts to see who you have done business with and thereby identify who is being accused - thus, should you want this thread removing then please let us know.

However, like any internet forum we do run under a policy of buyer beware - the moderators can look into any incident based on the information supplied, but, even if there is sufficient evidence to show that one party might be at fault we are limited in what we can do about it apart from attempting to persuade them into a cordial solution, or removing them from the forum.