How do I add photos?

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
MrsMothy

How do I add photos?

Post by MrsMothy »

We've put some tr/bikes on the 'For Sale' board but can't work out how to add photos. We've got pickies of two of the tr/bikes taken with a digital camera which are jpg images by default. These are ok to email in response to a pm but they are invalid for adding to the adverts. Can someone who is not so technophobic please give us some simple instructions on how to do this please or point us in the direction of where instructions may be found.
Colin63

Re: How do I add photos?

Post by Colin63 »

Easy peasy. I'm happy to help. When you are writing a post there's a link below the box you type in which says Upload attachments. Click on that and it will direct you to choose a file, ie picture, that you want. There is a maximum file size so if it fails to upload you'll have to make the picture smaller but that's a hurdle to jump further down the road.
MrsMothy

Post by MrsMothy »

Thankyou Colin. It sounds like we need to shrink our pickies a bit as we did what you said. This sounds like a project for our computor / photo mad daughter after she has done her 'school ski' (she can't run in the white stuff) tomorrow.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

To be even more thread to needle if you click on <Upload attachment> it will invite you to insert a file name. Next to that is <Browse> Click on that and it will open up a "Choose file" window which on mine shows "My documents" . One way or another (navigate is the official term I think) get to the pic you want to upload and click on it. That will automatically enter the file name in the little space at the bottom of that window. Click on <Open> - just to the right of where the file name is displayed and it will then be transferred to the space for the filename at the bottom of the post you are preparing. You can add a comment in the space underneath. You then click on <Add the file> and that's where it decides your fate on file size. If it rejects it, you need to try again with file reducing software. There are several free sites that do this. I have several links suggested by people wiser than I am.

Doing it like that will always put the pic at the bottom of the post. You can move it elswhere in the post by positioning the cursor and then clicking theplace inline thingy. You can repeat this with further pics. (I did make the mistake once of starting a thread because I could not see the additional opportunities to upload but keep scrolling down and it's there.) Once you have added a pic, subsequent clicks on <Browse> in that session will take you straight to where the first one came from.

==============================================================
Edited to add: Here'sa free file shrinker I've used. You just browse in the same way to get it to have your pic in its sights then select a smaller size. (This seems to be entirely a question of trial and error. Nobody has ever offered a way of calculating how to be certain what will fit.) Once it has done it save the new file back to your own computer and then have another go. As is probably obvious, I write as somebody who has fretted and cursed over this.

:oops: So much fretting and cursing I almost forgot the link

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/resize.php