Including a Quote in a Reply

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
gerry36

Including a Quote in a Reply

Post by gerry36 »

I can't work out how to include a quote from a previous post in my reply. And I can't find anything in the FAQ about it either. So how do I do it?
Guy

Re: Including a Quote in a Reply

Post by Guy »

gerry36 wrote:I can't work out how to include a quote from a previous post in my reply. And I can't find anything in the FAQ about it either. So how do I do it?
Clicking on the button labelled "quote" in the top right corner of the message you want to quote from inserts that message into the reply screen. Then you can type your reply underneath it. :)
Fonant

Post by Fonant »

You can also do it manually, cutting and pasting from several messages. Just surround the quoted section(s) with [quote="name"] and [/quote]. You can see how this works by experimenting with the Quote button.
Anthony Cartmell (also known as "admin" when posting in a more official capacity on this Forum)
Kangaroo trike, Windcheetah recumbent, Batavus dutch bike, Dawes Galaxy Twin tandem, Pashley unicycle
http://www.fonant.com – Quality web sites.
JohnW

Re: Including a Quote in a Reply

Post by JohnW »

Guy wrote:
gerry36 wrote:I can't work out how to include a quote from a previous post in my reply. And I can't find anything in the FAQ about it either. So how do I do it?
Clicking on the button labelled "quote" in the top right corner of the message you want to quote from inserts that message into the reply screen. Then you can type your reply underneath it. :)

You're right - gosh I am proud.

JohnW
Fonant

Post by Fonant »

Nicely quoted :)
Anthony Cartmell (also known as "admin" when posting in a more official capacity on this Forum)
Kangaroo trike, Windcheetah recumbent, Batavus dutch bike, Dawes Galaxy Twin tandem, Pashley unicycle
http://www.fonant.com – Quality web sites.