trying to upload photo without success

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Hi Graham,

What are "image properties"?

I resized my photographs, just like I always do, using Adobe Photoshop 7.0 clicking on "Image/Image Size" and altering the pixels or dimensions, then saving as a .jpg.

Thanks anyway, and I'll carry on with a bit of research!

Mick F. Cornwall
Graham

Post by Graham »

Properties . . . . as in right-click on ANY filename/icon on your computer. See "properties" in the resulting drop-down list.
Image files (should) have additional properties relating to the image.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I speak as an inveterate reader of rules/ instructions and a literal almost slavish follower. In the spiel at the top of the forum it says something along the lines that you can only include a picture which is from a website, rather than from your own computer. I can see there is an 'upload picture' button on the post reply screen. Does this mean that it is possible to post a pic direct from a PC?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Yes TC, you can upload from a PC. And and Apple Mac!

Graham, I don't have a right click. Apple Macs have only one click! If I do "Get Info" it says what it is - a .jpg.

No "Properties" mentioned.

Never had a problem sending photographs before.

????

Mick F. Cornwall
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

This opens up possibilities. I may even do a little pic (avatar?) Big thing is this. Do I post as is, with hair at normal mid-winter length, even back-com a little, when a certain moderator may think I am taking the Michael, or do I use the bus pass image, and confirm I am 'one foot in the grave?'