PM's for newbies...

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
wakou222

PM's for newbies...

Post by wakou222 »

Hi guys could someone tell me the rules I have to obey before I can use PM on the forums please? There are a couple of items for sale that I am interested in and would not like to miss them!
Si

Re: PM's for newbies...

Post by Si »

Welcome to the forum.
Once one of your posts to the forum has been approved (as they have now been) you can use PMs freely.
wakou222

Post by wakou222 »

Thank-you Si.... :) :) :)
wilfredsouth

Post by wilfredsouth »

Ah ha, it took a bit of trawling but I found it. I had exactly the same question!
JefWin

Post by JefWin »

Same question. Great that I wasn't alone
So that means that I should be able to post PMs if this appears? :wink:
Hemipode

Post by Hemipode »

JefWin wrote:So that means that I should be able to post PMs if this appears? :wink:

Spot on JefWin .... welcome to the Forum & PM's :D
weeblie

Post by weeblie »

Hi there,,how long after you submit your post before its posted so then I can Pm someone ?thanks,
Si

Post by Si »

weeblie wrote:Hi there,,how long after you submit your post before its posted so then I can Pm someone ?thanks,

Oo, about now I'd say :D
gaz

Post by gaz »

weeblie wrote:Hi there,,how long after you submit your post before its posted so then I can Pm someone ?thanks,

Si wrote:Once one of your posts to the forum has been approved (as they have now been) you can use PMs freely.

Once you join your first post has to be approved by one of the mods. The mods are volunteers so your first post may not be approved at the speed of light. Most likely it will be approved at R ,

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy wrote: "R is a velocity measure, defined as a reasonable speed of travel that is consistent with health, mental wellbeing, and not being more than, say, five minutes late. It is therefore clearly an almost infinitely variable figure according to circumstances, since the first two factors vary not only with speed taken as an absolute, but also with awareness of the third factor. Unless handled with tranquility, this equation can result in considerable stress, ulcers, and even death."

In forum terms R can be defined as the speed of bike. :wink:
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
FoulFoot

Post by FoulFoot »

Another dummy post so I can have PMs enabled. :) Sorry about this.

Scott
timjefferson

Post by timjefferson »

Hi, sorry to have to ask this way....
Please can you enable PMs for me? (I'm a newbie). Have posted interested on a bike for sale (posts not yet approved) and I cant PM the seller as also not approved yet.

Many thanks!
Hemipode

Post by Hemipode »

timjefferson wrote:Hi, sorry to have to ask this way....
Please can you enable PMs for me? (I'm a newbie). Have posted interested on a bike for sale (posts not yet approved) and I cant PM the seller as also not approved yet.

Many thanks!

All done ... welcome to the Forum Tim :D
Puze

Post by Puze »

Same as above I would have posted in an Intros bit if I could have found it. :(
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Some of "us" are on this forum three or four times a day, so if your first post comes up when you need "approving", you'll be done straight away. Maybe I approve two a day. Sometimes more, and sometimes the person is still lurking and posting when I approve them. However, it can take a day or so depending on if I'm on or one of the others ............ or nobody's on.

There are many folk who come on trying to get round all this. People who have a "spam intention". They get short shrift I can assure you! :D
Mick F. Cornwall
frstep

Post by frstep »

Excellent - hoping that I'll be able to use PMs too as just joined so as to be able to respond to an for sale item!

Cheers,

F.