SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Mick F
Spambuster

SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM

Postby Mick F » 14 Jun 2007, 3:11pm

I think the Forum has been spam'd again!
Mick F. Cornwall

diapason

Postby diapason » 14 Jun 2007, 3:41pm

Where are the moderators when you need them? :shock:

N
Advena ego sum in Terra

Graham

Postby Graham » 14 Jun 2007, 5:10pm

diapason wrote:Where are the moderators when you need them? :shock:

Wading through a couple of estate agents contracts, to make sure that I don't get sh*f**d.

I'm sure you will forgive me that :wink:

One of the cunning b****rs, had the old . . . if we find you a ready, willing and able purchaser, and you decide not to proceed to an exchange of contracts, then you will still be liable to pay the agreed commission"

. . . . upon challenging that one they agreed to strike it out. Gits :!:

diapason

Postby diapason » 14 Jun 2007, 6:30pm

Those barstewards will try anything to safeguard their commission. :twisted: I did a lot of work in the late 80's chasing vendors who instructed their solicitors not to pay the estage agents, saying that they would do it. They then scarpered! 8) Hope you get it sorted.

BTW -I know haw hard it is to keep the sp*m out as I'm a mod on our local village forum.

N
Advena ego sum in Terra

Si

Postby Si » 16 Jun 2007, 4:10pm

diapason wrote:Where are the moderators when you need them? :shock:

N

I've been off, working on a site some distance away, and will be for a few weeks yet so my visits here are infrequent at the mo. BUT if you want better moderation coverage then we could do with a couple more people volunteering to be moderators please.

- yes, it is voluntary, you don't get any reward from it - just an endless list of posts complaining that you are both over moderating and not moderating enough - normally all concerning the same thread, plus various bit of personal abuse, and all you time allocated to joining in on the fun threads is spent trawling through SPAM posts, rpetitively boring slanging matches that lost the point of the argument days ago, and trying to explain in a diplomatic and friendly way why you have had to moderate a post who can't see why issuing threats to other forumers and petulent name calling might be frowned upon....

Erm, I'm not selling this very well am I? No, there is definatly some reward to it. I don't want to blow my own trumpet as I don't do anything that anyone else couldn't do, but the moderation role does add value. It means that this board is much better than it was this time last year. People can come on it with much less fear of belittlement and insult. It is now turning into a worth while resorce and reflects much better on the CTC than the previous boards. It is, hopefully, adding value to the CTC and making our club better in some small way - as I'm sure we wouldn't have got to know so many fellow members from all over the country with out it.

And some of the stuff that we get to moderate is quite entertaining too :wink:

So, don't be shy, come forward, "your club needs you".

Graham

Postby Graham » 16 Jun 2007, 5:46pm

Si wrote: . . . if you want better moderation coverage then we could do with a couple more people volunteering to be moderators please.

Yes please : persons of a calm and thoughtful disposition required.
You will also need an attractive avatar . . . like wot Si and me have got. :wink:

It would also be very helpful to have a couple of spam-busters. i.e. forum regulars who might not want to get involved in the "challenging" & "character-building" moderation stuff, but who can quickly move spam posts from the public boards, to the "Sin Bin".