Managing drafts

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
newislander

Managing drafts

Post by newislander »

I can't figure out how to post my drafts. The only option i can see when i go into manage drafts is view edit or delete. How do i post them?

When drafting a post, i wish i could go submit instead of save draft because sometimes it ends up lost in a drafts pile.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Managing drafts

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
When you go to User control panel - Manage drafts - the top of page is the last draft you saved.
I only save post when I have not finished it and I am out the door soon or Iit does'nt sound right and will have to rethink its content.

Clicking on the title of draft under "DRAFT TITLE" (same as view edit) only gives a save it option, to post / reply and preview you have to load draft under "SAVED AT" column
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I never use the draft facility at all.

If I need to draft a post, I do it in a word processing document and save it to my desktop. I can then edit and re-edit to my heart's content and when I'm happy, copy and paste to the forum. I find that method easier and far more intuitive.
Mick F. Cornwall
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I think the answer you are looking for is that in the manage drafts screen, one of the options is "load draft" which puts your draft in the "posting area" ie as an unfinished post on the original thread where you can deal with it by further editing or submitting it.

You can also load a draft by clicking on "load draft" on a thread where you have a draft stored. (It appears under the posting area alongside "submit" etc.
newislander

Post by newislander »

Yes i see the load draft option now. That is much better thanks.