Tapatalk pop up

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Rael

Tapatalk pop up

Postby Rael » 10 Oct 2013, 12:10pm

Hi, I am new here and perhaps I have not set things up correctly but why do I receive 2 pop up windows asking me if I want to use tapatalk everytime I do anything on the forum.

I am using an ipod touch and ios7 and would prefer not to use tapatalk. I do not mind being asked but why twice for every operation?

Tigger

Re: Tapatalk pop up

Postby Tigger » 10 Oct 2013, 1:45pm

Hi and welcome Rael :D

Sorry, can't give you a link cos I'm replying on my phone (using hovercraft full of eels., which is excellent for my purposes!) but if you search the forum for Tapatalk you will find the answer. Shouldn't be that many entries to look through.

Rael

Postby Rael » 10 Oct 2013, 2:01pm

Opps :oops: I really should have searched first. Sorry about that.

Just in case someone passes by, here is the solution

viewtopic.php?p=652897#p652897

Cheers

Andy

jezer

Postby jezer » 10 Oct 2013, 2:08pm

I get that on my iPhone but not my iPad. It's all a mystery to me but I'll try to disable as you suggest.
Power to the pedals

RRSODL

Postby RRSODL » 12 Oct 2013, 8:26am

Interesting topic this tapatalk is at the moment. It seems that tapatalk are making some forum owners very unhappy atm and forums owners are shutting down access to their forums via tapatalk.
There are 2 issues as far I can see. One is advertising where tapatalk is making money at the expenses of forums. The second is more serious and I think it's to do with tapatalk breaching forum security. If that is the case then members privacy would be compromised.

Tapatalk it's ok, I wouldn't say brilliant but useful at times.

Tigger

Postby Tigger » 12 Oct 2013, 8:33pm

RRSODL wrote:Interesting topic this tapatalk is at the moment. It seems that tapatalk are making some forum owners very unhappy atm and forums owners are shutting down access to their forums via tapatalk.
There are 2 issues as far I can see. One is advertising where tapatalk is making money at the expenses of forums. The second is more serious and I think it's to do with tapatalk breaching forum security. If that is the case then members privacy would be compromised.

No advertising to be seen when I use it.

Dunno about having my privacy compromised/ it causing forum owners probs... might look into that when I'm on my days off. Trouble is tho, its soooooooo much better than the regular browsers (on Android smartphone).

RRSODL

Postby RRSODL » 12 Oct 2013, 10:34pm

Tigger wrote:
RRSODL wrote:Interesting topic this tapatalk is at the moment. It seems that tapatalk are making some forum owners very unhappy atm and forums owners are shutting down access to their forums via tapatalk.

No advertising to be seen when I use it.

Dunno about having my privacy compromised/ it causing forum owners probs... might look into that when I'm on my days off. Trouble is tho, its soooooooo much better than the regular browsers (on Android smartphone).

I think it's the free version.

See here

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 14 Oct 2013, 9:46am

I added the Tapatalk plugin to this forum after several forum users requested it. I've tried it, and it certainly makes browsing and reading easier on a small screen.

Then I disabled the plugin for iPad users, as the large screen makes it less useful, and the pop-ups were annoying people.

Perhaps we need to review whether allowing Tapatalk is still worthwhile?

cjs

Postby cjs » 14 Oct 2013, 2:00pm

admin wrote:I added the Tapatalk plugin to this forum after several forum users requested it. I've tried it, and it certainly makes browsing and reading easier on a small screen.

Then I disabled the plugin for iPad users, as the large screen makes it less useful, and the pop-ups were annoying people.

I use Tapatalk all the time... on a Nexus 7... brilliant for this forum... as for pop ups there are none whatsoever for me but I think I paid a pittance of a euro or so to register it some time ago ..

Without Tapatalk and on a Nexus large'ish screen the forum is not very readable with small text and links and constantly requires re-sizing for my old eyes to be of any use ...

For me, if tapatalk capability was not available I would only use this forum occasionally on a desk PC (or 10" tablet if I had one!) .
Kind Regards
Chris...

Tigger

Postby Tigger » 14 Oct 2013, 10:23pm

cjs wrote:For me, if tapatalk capability was not available I would only use this forum occasionally on a desk PC (or 10" tablet if I had one!) .

+1

RRSODL

Postby RRSODL » 15 Oct 2013, 12:01am

Throwing the toys out of the pram already :lol:

Tortoise

Postby Tortoise » 16 Oct 2013, 3:25pm

Tapatalk (purchased version, but very cheap) works well for me, but the chap who runs the CycleChat forum is withdrawing from it for various reasons including some kind of security issue.

ArMoRothair

Postby ArMoRothair » 17 Oct 2013, 4:43pm

admin wrote:

My vote is please keep it. Forums are IMPOSSIBLE on phones otherwise.

(Sent via tapatalk). :)

mattsccm

..how to stop Tapatalk appearing?

Postby mattsccm » 6 Apr 2016, 4:42pm

Its a flaming nuisance. And no where can I see how to stop it in the setting of the tablet>.

mjr

Re: ..how to stop Tapatalk appearing?

Postby mjr » 6 Apr 2016, 5:26pm

Switch javascript off in the browser. It makes the post editor shortcuts (like tag and smiley insertions) not work, but that's about it.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.