Viewing forum on Android device other than via Tapatalk?

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Tortoise

Viewing forum on Android device other than via Tapatalk?

Post by Tortoise »

Can any of the forum administrators advise whether there are any apps other than Tapatalk with which I can view the CTC forum on my Nexus 7 tablet running Android?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Viewing forum on Android device other than via Tapatalk?

Post by admin »

I don't know of any. Tapatalk has its own code added to the forum, so it can do things like log you in, show new posts, etc. without needing to use the web pages. It might be possible, if difficult, to write an app that does the same sort of thing, just using the public web pages.

You can, of course, use an Android web browser to view the Forum. Tapatalk just makes it easier.
Tortoise

Post by Tortoise »

admin wrote:I don't know of any. Tapatalk has its own code added to the forum, so it can do things like log you in, show new posts, etc. without needing to use the web pages. It might be possible, if difficult, to write an app that does the same sort of thing, just using the public web pages.

You can, of course, use an Android web browser to view the Forum. Tapatalk just makes it easier.

Ok, thanks.

Tapatalk works well for me on the Nexus, compared with using Chrome, because navigating around in Chrome is tiresome and Tapatalk makes it very easy to view 'Unread' posts right across all the forum boards. The only downside is that each time I switch between different fora, I have to log in afresh, which didn't use to be the case before Tapatalk did some kind of 'upgrade' a while ago.

Such is life; roll on 'progress'!
barrym

Post by barrym »

I don't seem to have to login when going between forums, so maybe it is something your end.

Pm if you want to discuss details.

Cheers
Barry
--
Cheers
Barry