The male reproductive organ

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Graham

Re: The male reproductive organ

Post by Graham »

gaz wrote:Could you please bring back the [polystyrene hat removed] substitution. :mrgreen:

Oh I would love to do that.

'Fraid I can be a bit of a loose cannon sometimes, which can make other forum "staff" a bit anxious.

Even Mr Polystyrene Hat* himself had to make an urgent intervention to recovery the situation.
* Anthony @ Fonant who must be credited with having invented that brilliantly accurate name.
Bicycler

Post by Bicycler »

Graham wrote:Should I be removing the naughty-bits word-substitutions now ??

As spamming is no longer a big problem, maybe just take a look at the words and decide which words are actually profanities.There is a world of difference between people using proper terminology for sensitive areas and using vulgar colloquial expressions for those parts. Btw, there are a few proper swear words which slip through fairly regularly. Maybe one of the moderators may be able to suggest a couple of words to be added to the list?

gaz wrote:Could you please bring back the [polystyrene hat removed] substitution. :mrgreen:

Tee hee. I guess that was before my time but I do like that idea :lol:
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Or, if some people find the word "unsuitable" for general forum use, allow it only in the "Men's Section" of the forum.

Ian
Bicycler

Post by Bicycler »

Oh dear
Last edited by Bicycler on 30 Nov 2015, 10:48am, edited 1 time in total.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Bicycler wrote:....... Btw, there are a few proper swear words which slip through fairly regularly.
I've not seen any regularly, but I don't read every post. If I do see one, I more often than not discretely edit it out.

If you see any swearing, please click the alert button and one of us will react.
Mick F. Cornwall
Bicycler

Post by Bicycler »

Hmm maybe it was stretching it a bit to say fairly regularly and yes I do report such incidents and I have noticed that they do get edited very quickly. Nevertheless it is true to say that some obvious swear words are not automatically removed yet some legitimate terms are. A bit of housekeeping could fix this to everyone's benefit.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Yes, but it's time that's required.
I was on earlier today for a few minutes over a cuppa, and now I'm back for maybe half an hour.

We rely on the anti-spam system queuing the spam up for us to weed out before it gets past the first base, but any approved poster can say anything he/she wants to straight into the public domain.

We must to rely on members to flag problems up because we can't read every single post every time a new one comes up.
Mick F. Cornwall
Bicycler

Post by Bicycler »

Mick, I agree entirely. I wasn't suggesting that you moderators need to donate more of your free time. I was suggesting that the better the automatic system was at removing swear words, the less need there is for after the event moderation. I have messaged graham some suggestions for additions to the list. The part of the male anatomy I started this thread about is an anomaly because it is a correct term which is not normally used as a profanity so it needn't be on the list