Private messages: box limits

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
horizon

Private messages: box limits

Postby horizon » 8 Oct 2014, 9:45pm

Am I right in thinking that there is a limit to the number or private messages that can be stored? This seems to be 100 for each of the in, sent and saved boxes. I take it there's no way to save and remove messages athough I have to say that I'm not too bothered. Having said that, an illustrious forum should surely recognise that its members will greatly indulge in literary communication: men of voluminous letters we may not be but persons of prolific messages we most probably are.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher

Graham

Re: Private messages: box limits

Postby Graham » 9 Oct 2014, 7:46am

Some years ago I did increase the PM limit, but without forewarning Anthony.
He noticed this shortly afterwards and returned it to the previous and current limit.
It is all to do with managing the resources.

If ones PMs are so personally valuable then one should develop a procedure for transferring the contents to other storage.

I too have a bit of a problem managing my own PMs.

Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Private messages: box limits

Postby Mick F » 9 Oct 2014, 8:27am

You can copy and paste them into a word processing document and store it wherever you want.
I've done that with emails as well as PMs, and then you can get rid of the originals to clean up.

If you need to reply in the future, you can re-copy and paste into a new email or PM.

This has reminded me to weed out some of the old stuff! :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall