Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Cunobelin

Re: Tapatalk requests tiresome

Post by Cunobelin »

I gave up and have had to accept that this forum is unusable on mobile devices
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

I have been accessing the forum on my tablet or Android phone for years? There is absolutely no problem for me whatsoever viewing or posting? Is the problem folks are having just an iPhone problem? Get an Android device like this. … http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-Moto-G ... ola+moto+e

Tapatalk offer pops up every few weeks or so and is easily dismissed by tapping the x in the corner?
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
mjr

Post by mjr »

No, it bugs some Android browser configurations too. Roll on the forum software upgrade if that means an end to tapatalk!
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

mjr wrote:No, it bugs some Android browser configurations too. Roll on the forum software upgrade if that means an end to tapatalk!

+1

Ian
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

I don't see the point of Tapatalk.
The forum looks and operates in the exact same manner on my iphone before I scrapped it, the current s4, tablet and pc.
It has tried to get me to instal it on the s4 though so not strictly limited to crapple.
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

Cunobelin wrote:I gave up and have had to accept that this forum is unusable on mobile devices

Hey fella don't give up! :D
The forum will work just as on a laptop if you use my earlier posted (on here -3rd from top-first page) solution.
If you delete all cookies you will have to repeat the quick process though.
I hope the solution is clear as I posted it, if not I will clarify anything.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am hoping to sort out the Forum upgrade this month, but there may be unforseen problems still to be solved. It's quite a major update, and the Forum is pretty big now!

If there are people who would like a preview of the new Forum with it's mobile-friendly style sheets, please do let me know by PM. Also if there are Tapatalk users who could let me know whether the new look renders Tapatalk obsolete, or whether Tapatalk still provides useful features (such as aggregating content from multiple forums in one place), please do get in touch too.
alanscoachdriver

Post by alanscoachdriver »

I use Tapatalk and the main reason is to aggregate multiple forums in one place. Please do not remove support for it.
drliamski

Post by drliamski »

Yes I use Tapatalk and would like to continue doing so..
barrym

Post by barrym »

Me too. Pretty much essential on mobile devices.
--
Cheers
Barry
millimole

Post by millimole »

alanscoachdriver wrote:I use Tapatalk and the main reason is to aggregate multiple forums in one place. Please do not remove support for it.

Me too. I'm a recent convert to Tapatalk and while it's not without faults it's great fit having most of my forums in one app
Leicester; Riding my Hetchins since 1971; Day rides on my Dawes; Going to the shops on a Decathlon Hoprider
mjr

Post by mjr »

barrym wrote:Me too. Pretty much essential on mobile devices.

Not essential. Quite a nuisance closing all the pop ups if you don't have the app.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Manc33

Post by Manc33 »

This post is brought to you by Tapatalk in conjunction with Android in conjunction with Allied Insurance.
We'll always be together, together on electric bikes.