Who's had their second jab?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
ANTONISH

Re: Who's had their second jab?

Post by ANTONISH »

After my second jab yesterday (8.30 am) I had a message from my local surgery (3.28pm) inviting me to book an appointment for a second covid jab. :?
I didn't have my first there as I had booked both at a mass vaccination centre.
This invite came via an "app" linked to my GP.
I contacted by the link given and ticked a box to say I had already booked elsewhere - then had to give an explanation.
Had a look at the link later and it said I couldn't use it as I had already declined a vaccine appointment.
I'm a bit confused - I thought the central programming system would register that I had already had two vaccinations.

Does anyone know how I can confirm my status ? - I don't want to appear on the system as having had one vaccination and rejected the second
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

ANTONISH wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 9:42amI'm a bit confused - I thought the central programming system would register that I had already had two vaccinations.
I'd wait a day and see if it sorts itself out.

I haven't heard before of this being a problem. But if others are seeing it I'll tell the central team.

Jonathan
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

thirdcrank wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 9:31am
Oldjohnw wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 8:42am My daughter, aged 29, gets her second AZ jab tomorrow. She was fine with her first but is a little anxious about the second given the negative publicity for young women.
My understanding is that the absolute risk is no worse in younger age groups, but rather the lower incidence of covid with serious effects among younger people makes the comparative risk greater ie the trade-off between risk and benefit is not quite so clear among younger people.
Thanks. Exactly how I concluded having read the vax authority website. She was calm this morning. She does suffer from anxiety anyway.
John
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

thirdcrank wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 9:31am
Oldjohnw wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 8:42am My daughter, aged 29, gets her second AZ jab tomorrow. She was fine with her first but is a little anxious about the second given the negative publicity for young women.
My understanding is that the absolute risk is no worse in younger age groups, but rather the lower incidence of covid with serious effects among younger people makes the comparative risk greater ie the trade-off between risk and benefit is not quite so clear among younger people.
Yes, the benefit from taking the vaccine in people upto 30 isn’t quite as strong (although very worthwhile) and the risk/benefit analysis isn’t clearly tilted in one direction.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

Had mine Saturday 17th, fine no problem (AZ)
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Do you get some confirmation that you are fully vaccinated that can be used to obtain a vaccination passport if that becomes a reality here?
I am here. Where are you?
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

For England the information is on the National Immunisation Management (or Vaccination) System. If there is a national certificate system I expect it to be driven from that.

Jonathan
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

Jdsk wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 10:34am
ANTONISH wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 9:42amI'm a bit confused - I thought the central programming system would register that I had already had two vaccinations.
I'd wait a day and see if it sorts itself out.

I haven't heard before of this being a problem. But if others are seeing it I'll tell the central team.

Jonathan
Thanks for that - I'll wait for a while.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Jdsk wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 9:37am For England the information is on the National Immunisation Management (or Vaccination) System. If there is a national certificate system I expect it to be driven from that.

Jonathan
Thanks JD
I am here. Where are you?
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

Jdsk wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 9:37am For England the information is on the National Immunisation Management (or Vaccination) System. If there is a national certificate system I expect it to be driven from that.

Jonathan
I expect there is a good reason, but why won't the card that records name, dob, dates and batch numbers of vaccinations serve as "proof"? Obviously plus say a photo driving licence.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

I don't know what others will choose to use and accept... my prediction was only about a national system if there ever is one.

But...

... batch numbers are often missing from those cards
... they don't have any strong technological protection against forgery
... mine only has a handwritten surname and initial to identify me... no first name, no date of birth...
... and no NHS number... and no autoidentification.

Jonathan
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Here's a scan of mine: a record of the info should I need it, evidential value = slim (eg name etc unrecorded)
scan094 Correction.jpg
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

thirdcrank wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 11:57am Here's a scan of mine: a record of the info should I need it, evidential value = slim (eg name etc unrecorded)

scan094 Correction.jpg
My card is identical except I have not yet had my second dose, and that my name is filled in.
That does not seem to increase its evidential value by very much.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

At our centre they're now giving out cards with printed labels stuck on, including not only my name, DOB and the vaccine and batch details, but also a QR code. Not that it's much good to me as I don't have a smartphone - but it's self-evident now, that We. Are. Being. Watched...... :shock:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Mine is now booked.
08:50 on Saturday 1st May at Launceston. :D :D
Mick F. Cornwall