Did Boris have a secret agenda?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
pete75
Posts: 13981
Joined: 24 Jul 2007, 2:37pm

Re: Did Boris have a secret agenda?

Post by pete75 »

Oldjohnw wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 8:00am
gbnz wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 7:24am It's incredible. A Tory Government have brought in a package of measures to dramatically cut the number of HGV journeys, block cars from being driven, expand immigration from abroad, dramatically cut even the CO2 being produced for industry whilst increasing the wages of the working class, their core benefits, handing everyone employed time off work on a state funded basis, whilst commencing suspending competition between commercial organisations :shock:

Oh yeah and using the army to support society, rather than fighting colonial wars abroad

Did Boris Johnson have a secret plan when he became PM of England?
I agree with your observation except in one detail: Johnson is PM of the UK.
Correction. He is PM of Great Britain and parts of Northern Ireland. :wink:
User avatar
simonineaston
Posts: 5092
Joined: 9 May 2007, 1:06pm
Location: ...at a cricket ground

Re: Did Boris have a secret agenda?

Post by simonineaston »

To expect Johnson to have any agenda other than to stoke his own fantastic Walter Mitty ambition to pose as a cod-Churchill is expecting too much, waaay too much. Successive commentators such as past employers, teachers, colleagues and even relatives, have made it clear that the bloke is psychologically unsuited to high office, having a fatal mix of character traits that ensure he's always driven by the wrong motives.
(rides: Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Stevek76
Posts: 1141
Joined: 28 Jul 2015, 11:23am

Re: Did Boris have a secret agenda?

Post by Stevek76 »

Indeed, Boris only has one agenda: Boris.
The contents of this post, unless otherwise stated, are opinions of the author and may actually be complete codswallop
Oldjohnw
Posts: 7677
Joined: 16 Oct 2018, 4:23am
Location: Northumberland

Re: Did Boris have a secret agenda?

Post by Oldjohnw »

Stevek76 wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 1:46pm Indeed, Boris only has one agenda: Boris.
Indeed. Johnson does have an agenda: “What’s in it for me?”
John
reohn2
Posts: 41196
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: Did Boris have a secret agenda?

Post by reohn2 »

Stevek76 wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 1:46pm Indeed, Boris only has one agenda: Boris.
That's it,nail,head ,on!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Oldjohnw
Posts: 7677
Joined: 16 Oct 2018, 4:23am
Location: Northumberland

Re: Did Boris have a secret agenda?

Post by Oldjohnw »

pete75 wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 1:11pm
Oldjohnw wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 8:00am
gbnz wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 7:24am It's incredible. A Tory Government have brought in a package of measures to dramatically cut the number of HGV journeys, block cars from being driven, expand immigration from abroad, dramatically cut even the CO2 being produced for industry whilst increasing the wages of the working class, their core benefits, handing everyone employed time off work on a state funded basis, whilst commencing suspending competition between commercial organisations :shock:

Oh yeah and using the army to support society, rather than fighting colonial wars abroad

Did Boris Johnson have a secret plan when he became PM of England?
I agree with your observation except in one detail: Johnson is PM of the UK.
Correction. He is PM of Great Britain and parts of Northern Ireland. :wink:
He is PM of the United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland). Part of Ireland, all of Northern Ireland. Not that it matters. He is useless and absent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Min ... ed_Kingdom
John
pete75
Posts: 13981
Joined: 24 Jul 2007, 2:37pm

Re: Did Boris have a secret agenda?

Post by pete75 »

Oldjohnw wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 8:48am
pete75 wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 1:11pm
Oldjohnw wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 8:00am

I agree with your observation except in one detail: Johnson is PM of the UK.
Correction. He is PM of Great Britain and parts of Northern Ireland. :wink:
He is PM of the United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland). Part of Ireland, all of Northern Ireland. Not that it matters. He is useless and absent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Min ... ed_Kingdom
He certainly ain't PM of many parts of Derry and Belfast.
User avatar
[XAP]Bob
Posts: 18852
Joined: 26 Sep 2008, 4:12pm

Re: Did Boris have a secret agenda?

Post by [XAP]Bob »

He is, in the same way he is PM of England, not by popular vote, or opinion, but by corruption and lies.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
reohn2
Posts: 41196
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: Did Boris have a secret agenda?

Post by reohn2 »

[XAP]Bob wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 9:59am He is, in the same way he is PM of England, not by popular vote, or opinion, but by corruption and lies.
+1
-----------------------------------------------------------
Post Reply