How's your weather?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
User avatar
NATURAL ANKLING
Posts: 13083
Joined: 24 Oct 2012, 10:43pm
Location: English Riviera

Re: How's your weather?

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Mick F wrote: 9 Sep 2021, 9:05am Stair rods again. Absolutely chucking it down.

Too hot to do anything for days on end, and now too wet to do anything! :evil:
You could always take up paddle boarding.
Get a sail andyou can quickly whip across the channel, getting back might be more difficult :mrgreen:

P.S.
Mind you with an easterly breeze you could well end up in the states.
I'm not sure that's been done on the paddleboard yet?
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
rjb
Posts: 4762
Joined: 11 Jan 2007, 10:25am
Location: Somerset (originally 60/70's Plymouth)

Re: How's your weather?

Post by rjb »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 11:52am Hi,
Mick F wrote: 9 Sep 2021, 9:05am Stair rods again. Absolutely chucking it down.

Too hot to do anything for days on end, and now too wet to do anything! :evil:
You could always take up paddle boarding.
Get a sail andyou can quickly whip across the channel, getting back might be more difficult :mrgreen:

P.S.
Mind you with an easterly breeze you could well end up in the states.
I'm not sure that's been done on the paddleboard yet?
Paddle boards are so last year. You need one of these.
On sale in Calais :shock:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-englan ... t-58282106
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin, Raleigh 20, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Longstaff trike conversion on a Falcon corsa. :D
Cowsham
Posts: 1888
Joined: 4 Nov 2019, 1:33pm

Re: How's your weather?

Post by Cowsham »

rjb wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 11:59am
NATURAL ANKLING wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 11:52am Hi,
Mick F wrote: 9 Sep 2021, 9:05am Stair rods again. Absolutely chucking it down.

Too hot to do anything for days on end, and now too wet to do anything! :evil:
You could always take up paddle boarding.
Get a sail andyou can quickly whip across the channel, getting back might be more difficult :mrgreen:

P.S.
Mind you with an easterly breeze you could well end up in the states.
I'm not sure that's been done on the paddleboard yet?
Paddle boards are so last year. You need one of these.
On sale in Calais :shock:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-englan ... t-58282106
I want one! I could sneak onto the isle of man like the guy on the jet ski.
Don't let your children watch television until they know how to read or all they'll know how to do is curse, fight and breed.
Jdsk
Posts: 11249
Joined: 5 Mar 2019, 5:42pm

Re: How's your weather?

Post by Jdsk »

Cowsham wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 2:29pm
rjb wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 11:59am
NATURAL ANKLING wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 11:52am You could always take up paddle boarding.
Get a sail andyou can quickly whip across the channel, getting back might be more difficult :mrgreen:

P.S.
Mind you with an easterly breeze you could well end up in the states.
I'm not sure that's been done on the paddleboard yet?
Paddle boards are so last year. You need one of these.
On sale in Calais
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-englan ... t-58282106
I want one! I could sneak onto the isle of man like the guy on the jet ski.
Or human powered?
http://human-powered-hydrofoils.com

Jonathan
Cowsham
Posts: 1888
Joined: 4 Nov 2019, 1:33pm

Re: How's your weather?

Post by Cowsham »

Weather forecast has been wrong for this week. Was to be warmer and sunny -- it's 9am I've had to switch on the kitchen lights it's so overcast outside. Now forecast says rain rain and more rain. Did I mention it was going to rain.
Don't let your children watch television until they know how to read or all they'll know how to do is curse, fight and breed.
User avatar
Mick F
Spambuster
Posts: 53239
Joined: 7 Jan 2007, 11:24am
Location: Tamar Valley, Cornwall

Re: How's your weather?

Post by Mick F »

Ride today and it was 18/19degC and even 20degC.
Still sunny and warm circa 18degC.

Going outside on the decking with a beer shortly. :D
Mick F. Cornwall
Cowsham
Posts: 1888
Joined: 4 Nov 2019, 1:33pm

Re: How's your weather?

Post by Cowsham »

BBC weather app Gives sunny with 20% chance of rain -- tipping down here now was out for a cycle and had to take cover in an old barn. The other 80% of the countryside must be dry and sunny -- I've managed to pick the only torrential wet 20% :lol:
Don't let your children watch television until they know how to read or all they'll know how to do is curse, fight and breed.
Cowsham
Posts: 1888
Joined: 4 Nov 2019, 1:33pm

Re: How's your weather?

Post by Cowsham »

There's some hope still.
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
Don't let your children watch television until they know how to read or all they'll know how to do is curse, fight and breed.
User avatar
Mick F
Spambuster
Posts: 53239
Joined: 7 Jan 2007, 11:24am
Location: Tamar Valley, Cornwall

Re: How's your weather?

Post by Mick F »

Bucketing down again - still - and I mean stair-rods.
It woke me up in the early hours of yesterday morning it was so torrential, and it's equally torrential now. Can hardly see though it.

Took doggie for a couple of miles walk yesterday, and we were both soaked through. Unless this rain ceases today, he ain't gonna get a walk!
Mick F. Cornwall
rjb
Posts: 4762
Joined: 11 Jan 2007, 10:25am
Location: Somerset (originally 60/70's Plymouth)

Re: How's your weather?

Post by rjb »

Its now chucking it down here too. Just completed a 15 mile loop and was having coffee and chocolate cake in the village community cafe when it started. Fortunately it was a very short ride home. Let me know when it stops in Gunnislake and i can time my next outdoor activity.
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin, Raleigh 20, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Longstaff trike conversion on a Falcon corsa. :D
User avatar
Mick F
Spambuster
Posts: 53239
Joined: 7 Jan 2007, 11:24am
Location: Tamar Valley, Cornwall

Re: How's your weather?

Post by Mick F »

Timed it so we went walkies in the dry.
Ten or fifteen minutes later, the heavens opened!
Took refuge into the Rising Sun and remarked that if I was wet on the outside, I may as well be wet on the inside too!

Managed to time it so it was dry when we left, but got caught in another downpour getting home.
Doggie was given a rub-down with a warm dry towel .............. what did I get?

A can Old Speckled Hen! :D

Still batting down hard, so there's nothing left to do than to crack open another can and consider lighting the fire to dry out. :wink:

Tomorrow is forecast to be nice and dry and sunny.
Bike ride beckons methinks.
Mick F. Cornwall
User avatar
NATURAL ANKLING
Posts: 13083
Joined: 24 Oct 2012, 10:43pm
Location: English Riviera

Re: How's your weather?

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Tomorrows the day to get out in SW.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
User avatar
al_yrpal
Posts: 9725
Joined: 25 Jul 2007, 9:47pm
Location: Think Cheddar and Cider
Contact:

Re: How's your weather?

Post by al_yrpal »

Getting married in the sunshine tomorrow! Another nice bit of luck!

https://youtu.be/jcRZ_J_VgNc

Al
Touring on a bicycle is a great way to explore and appreciate the countryside and towns you pass through. Make a difference...
thirdcrank
Posts: 32952
Joined: 9 Jan 2007, 2:44pm

Re: How's your weather?

Post by thirdcrank »

Raindrops falling on your head shouldn't worry you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYwhvD2-fYw

Good luck!
rjb
Posts: 4762
Joined: 11 Jan 2007, 10:25am
Location: Somerset (originally 60/70's Plymouth)

Re: How's your weather?

Post by rjb »

Congratulations, best day of the week. Glad it wasn't today :wink:
Roger and Janet Xx
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin, Raleigh 20, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Longstaff trike conversion on a Falcon corsa. :D
Post Reply