2021 Flu Jab

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Redvee

Re: 2021 Flu Jab

Post by Redvee »

Had my flu jab a month ago after my Dad mentioned he had his booked, I went into my local Boots and booked mine in late August for late September. My Dad's was cancelled by the GP surgery but he managed to rebook for a few days later with no issue in Bristol. I've only tried once to book my booster and failed.
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

My practice has a website but it doesn't seem to be updated frequently.
I've got a text access thing called "my GP" and I used it to contact a GP at the practice last year about a minor skin infection.
Left a message explaining symptoms and he phoned me and asked for photographs.
I had to send photographs by my smartphone.
Got a prescription for antihistamine - didn't work but I decided not to bother as face to face appointments weren't possible (covid)
Eventually cleared up.
Since Covid the system seems slow or not up to date or has inaccurate information.
That's a long winded way of saying that the practice has good communications but something seems to have gone wrong in the last year or so.
The phone seems the only reliable way of getting information.
I'm hoping to find out if I can get a flu jab at the practice sometime soon - have to use the phone though :( .
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Had to speak to my GP surgery today and their phone announcement "We've run out of vaccine for the over-65 flu jabs so are not booking any appointments at present".

I thought the vaccination was for the over-50's but they did say over-65s"

Ian
Phileas

Post by Phileas »

Had mine at work weeks ago.
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

I had my flu jab a couple of weeks ago.
I gave up on my GP practice and trawled round the pharmacies offering it and got one for the next day - I think it was a cancellation.
The government seem to be pressing people to take up a vaccine that is difficult to obtain.