Royal Mail Are Dead............

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Royal Mail Are Dead............

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 16 Sep 2015, 8:49pm

Hi,
Psamathe wrote:
NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
Sending shorts back that are all sewn wrong........
RM = 2.80
Myh = 2.78
RM means I don't have to print a label and try and stick it on,............still 200 yards up the road............ :)
Edited if I could squash the packet to 2 " I could send letter post.

If it's a new purchased item that is faulty from a UK vendor then the vendor should pay return postage.
Ian

Yeh..............I could start a post on that one.............I will and let you guys decide.......after I get my money back.
I will try and push for the return postage, I know the rules and they kept me hanging around.
Even returning through no fault up to 7 days from when...........I'le look it up....they to pay.
If You Don't Try You Don't Do.....Don't Do You Don't Get...I'm Still Trying....Well Very..
You'll Find Me At The Top Of A Hill...............Somewhere...After Dark..

TrekMad

Postby TrekMad » 17 Sep 2015, 7:04am

If it's from a retail outlet they have to pay return postage, but they are also allowed to incorporate a restocking fee, which can be up to 40% of the value of the return. You cant win!

NATURAL ANKLING

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 17 Sep 2015, 11:30am

Hi,
TrekMad wrote:If it's from a retail outlet they have to pay return postage, but they are also allowed to incorporate a restocking fee, which can be up to 40% of the value of the return. You cant win!

If think they can't do that either, IIRC, must check.

http://andrewminalto.com/distance-selli ... s-on-ebay/
"What should you get back?
The original cost of the outbound postage to you should always be refunded by the seller.
The seller's terms and conditions or returns policy should state who pays the cost of returning the item.
If they don't state this, then the seller has to cover the cost.
In this case, you're entitled to a refund of the total amount you paid, including costs to ship the item to you, and the fee to return the item. No admin or restocking fees should be charged."

Edited- Or even :?:
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/ ... egulations

"Returning faulty goods
If you receive faulty goods and wish to return them, The Consumer Contracts Regulations are in addition to your other legal rights.
So, if your goods are faulty and don’t do what they're supposed to, or don’t match the description given, you have the same consumer rights under the Sale of Goods Act as you have when buying in store.
Any terms and conditions that say you must cover the cost of returning an item wouldn’t apply where the goods being returned are faulty."
If You Don't Try You Don't Do.....Don't Do You Don't Get...I'm Still Trying....Well Very..

Bicycler

Postby Bicycler » 18 Sep 2015, 6:11pm

Very briefly, the Distance Selling Regs have been superseded by the Consumer Contracts Regs. The upshot is that you now have 14 days rather than 7 from receipt of a good to change your mind and decide you want to return it. Outward postage costs (except paid extras such as next day delivery) must always be refunded. The company can require the buyer to pay for return postage but this must be clearly stated at the time of sale (usually in website's T&Cs). If it is not the return postage must be met by the retailer. If a good is faulty, return postage should always be met by the retailer.

TrekMad

Postby TrekMad » 19 Sep 2015, 8:59am

If you buy from an eBay seller and in their returns policy it states ' restocking fee applies' when you agree to purchase you agree to the return policy, so they can legitimately charge you up to a 40% restocking fee. It's a contract you've willingly entered into.

Bicycler

Postby Bicycler » 19 Sep 2015, 12:23pm

Not true in relation to the 14 day statutory cancellation period. Any contractual terms are in addition to a customer's statutory rights and a trader's statutory obligations, they do not replace those stipulated in law.

Both the old DSR and the new(ish) consumer contracts regulations (http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/made) explicitly prohibited such charges. Currently in the following clause of the CCR:
34. (8) The trader must not impose any fee on the consumer in respect of the reimbursement.

So a company is not entitled to charge a fee if a consumer is returning a good after cancelling their contract within the statutory 14 day period. Even if such a clause is (illegally) placed in the original advert or company's T&Cs it won't form part of the contract because you cannot contract yourself out of your statutory rights. Companies are able to dictate their own returns policies (incl restocking fees) for other returns outside the statutory period.

eBay is a complicated example because the consumer contracts regs (and thus the statutory right to cancel) do not apply to private sellers. So whilst what I have said above applies to business sellers on eBay, private sellers are not bound by them and do not have to accept returns of non-faulty items at all. They are however bound by any requirements in eBay's T&Cs.

Tonyf33

Postby Tonyf33 » 21 Sep 2015, 11:27pm

To state royal mail aren't geared up for large volumes, well not too many years back, 2013 in fact they had the 'standard parcels' option that went all the way up to 20kg and boxes that could be 1.5m in length with a maximum of 300cm length + 2xwidth and height. They had staggered weight/price levels and delivery was usually within 5 days max. you could also set the amount of insurance you wanted.
The post office have stated they've needed to update, expand their business or die yet RM seem to have gone backwards and are losing massive amounts of business when they in fact have the infrastructure to deliver a quality and competetive parcel delivery service. It's baffling they cannot do this in conjunction with post offcies when convenience stores are taking away business in the hundreds of millions through Myhermes, Collect + and the like not to mention other courier companies

NATURAL ANKLING

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 21 Sep 2015, 11:46pm

Hi,
Is it just me or are RM and Waste collection contractors really good hard working lot......................they all run on the job :?

And therin lies the problem.................

I don't know of any job where running would be allowed with exception of emergency services :?: