Proud as punch!!

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
KFT

Proud as punch!!

Post by KFT »

Video of my 2 year old grandson, 2nd time out on the bike we got him for Christmas. He has had a balance bike since the summer and has been happily going around the local BMX track on it, so not too surprised he has picked up being able to pedal so quickly :D

Sorry, not sure where the previous link came from. This should be the right one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkNlpkL1ayg
gaz

Re: Proud as punch!!

Post by gaz »

Well done.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Nicely! :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
hondated

Post by hondated »

KFT Video isn't available now but well done to your grandson. My three grandsons learnt how to ride a bike at a very young age but not as young as that.
AJ101

Post by AJ101 »

Well done, balance bikes are amazing inventions, great to get them started at such a young age.
I wish we had balance bikes when I was younger would have saved a lot of bruised shins!
loch eck steve

Post by loch eck steve »

Nice one ! I remember teaching my daughter, we progressed from stabilizers to me walking /running behind holding the seat , until one day I just let go without her realising and off she went .
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

Daughter learning to ride - hours spent holding bike upright, too nervous, couldn't do it. We were on a caravan site - decided to have a break, I was sitting down reading my book and having a cuppa while the children played. Daughter's voice said "Going to the toilet now dad" " Yes dear". Few minutes later -"I'm back dad" - looked up to see her sitting on the bike, she'd pealled offon it with no problems!

Son - I had packed up the caravan, removed stabilizers - son had been riding around the site all week accompanied by the sound of stabiliser wheels! Car battery flat, son wanted to play with bike so I gave it to him. A few minutes later I looked up to see what the clapping/cheering was around the site - to see son happily beetling along w'out stabilizers to the applause of other campers!

Priceless - and maybe sometimes we try to help too much!
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !