Duolingo language learning

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Graham O

Re: Duolingo language learning

Post by Graham O »

We are thinking about moving out to Portugal and I'm trying to learn the language. The problem with Duolingo for Portuguese is that the flag shows Brazilian, so it is presumably Brazilian Portuguese which I'd be learning with them. However, they don't make it clear which version they are using, nor what the differences are. If anyone can recommend another good Portuguese course, it would be appreciated.

However, having just got back from northern Portugal, many people there also speak French, so we could still communicate :)
Elizabeth_S

Post by Elizabeth_S »

I think many of them are, look here: http://www.learningportuguese.co.uk/ which is a good resource (I'm just beginning to learn also)
Graham O

Post by Graham O »

Obrigado Elizabeth_S. I had found that site, but still trying to work out what it provides. There's a lot on grammar and pronounciation which many sites steer clear of, but that, in conjunction with a speaking practice site, should be fine for what I want.

Tchau

G
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Started at 28% on 10th June. Now 42%. Its getting harder, particularly the grammar.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......