** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
reohn2

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Post by reohn2 »

Cunobelin wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:....... Remove the votes for all thise who did NOT vote for what we have now and see what happens

In short the leave voter was sold a pup by the likes of Farage,Fox,BoJo and a campaign now proven to have been funded illegally by their mate Aron Whatshisface.

There'll be them that realise that and would now change their on the issue.
Of course there'll be them who support such actions and see no wrong in it,and the 'gut feeling' voter who made up their mind long ago they don't like the EU for no good reason whatsoever........

I have an ex-colleague who is of the firm opinion that the £350 million, about trade deals etc, were not lies, or campaign promises, but merely "misjudged opinions" that were blown out of proportion by the remainers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Hobbs1951 wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:I have an ex-colleague who is of the firm opinion that the £350 million, about trade deals etc, were not lies, or campaign promises, but merely "misjudged opinions" that were blown out of proportion by the remainers.

Seem to recall a bus with that message about the NHS on it's side...so not a misjudged opinion by Remainers. And just hear that jerk Crispin Blunt (MP for Reigate) on R4 talking about how we're going to be an economic powerhouse and how important the trade deal with the Faroes is !

John.

Yet another idiot :?
W H Auden
mjr

Post by mjr »

Hobbs1951 wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:I have an ex-colleague who is of the firm opinion that the £350 million, about trade deals etc, were not lies, or campaign promises, but merely "misjudged opinions" that were blown out of proportion by the remainers.

Seem to recall a bus with that message about the NHS on it's side...so not a misjudged opinion by Remainers. And just hear that jerk Crispin Blunt (MP for Reigate) on R4 talking about how we're going to be an economic powerhouse and how important the trade deal with the Faroes is !

Even clearer than the ambiguous bus:
Attachments
Boris's promise
Boris's promise
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

djnotts wrote:There has of course been one positive thing about the whole sorry business. ALL one needs to know about any given other person in order to know Friend or Foe, whether worth speaking to, is "leave" or "remain".

I do not agree eith this view.
I know a lot of diverse people and while clearly I have more of "a meeting of minds" with those who share my liking for Europe and even for the EU as an institution there are others who voted to leave.
I have other shared interests with those "leave" people and we manage to entertain one another in spite of everything.
I do try to persuade them towards my way of thinking from timevto time. Sometimes I am surprised at their continuing reasons for wanting to leave and if I think them wrong then I try to state why that is with my reasons. Perhaps I sense in them a little uncertainty at times now too.

For the most part I still enjoy such company.
A real person to person contact is not a forum!, and life's too short.
horizon

Post by horizon »

While we are waiting to hear what the DUP have decided, can we at least agree on another important matter:

Should it be an Extension to Article 50 or an Extension of Article 50?

Your views please.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Hobbs1951 wrote:

John.

Apparently, that is just an example of how the original misjudged opinion was blown out od proportion!
pwa

Post by pwa »

PDQ Mobile wrote:
djnotts wrote:There has of course been one positive thing about the whole sorry business. ALL one needs to know about any given other person in order to know Friend or Foe, whether worth speaking to, is "leave" or "remain".

I do not agree eith this view.
I know a lot of diverse people and while clearly I have more of "a meeting of minds" with those who share my liking for Europe and even for the EU as an institution there are others who voted to leave.
I have other shared interests with those "leave" people and we manage to entertain one another in spite of everything.
I do try to persuade them towards my way of thinking from timevto time. Sometimes I am surprised at their continuing reasons for wanting to leave and if I think them wrong then I try to state why that is with my reasons. Perhaps I sense in them a little uncertainty at times now too.

For the most part I still enjoy such company.
A real person to person contact is not a forum!, and life's too short.

Anyone who can't be friends with some people on the other side of this needs to get a life. Really.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

horizon wrote:While we are waiting to hear what the DUP have decided, can we at least agree on another important matter:

Your views please.

Funny that it's down to whether the DUP give May the nod on whether her deal should go the house or not :?
Whilst there are still those talking of democracy :shock:
W H Auden
pete75

Post by pete75 »

reohn2 wrote:
horizon wrote:While we are waiting to hear what the DUP have decided, can we at least agree on another important matter:

Your views please.

Funny that it's down to whether the DUP give May the nod on whether her deal should go the house or not :?
Whilst there are still those talking of democracy :shock:

Yes. I seem to recall that one of the parties at the 2015 election claiming that if they didn't win Labour would likely be in a coalition with the Scottish Nationalists. The tail wagging the dog was the phrase used.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

John Bercow has ruled out another vote on the government's previously rejected Brexit agreement if the motion remains "substantially the same".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47614074
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

thirdcrank wrote:
John Bercow has ruled out another vote on the government's previously rejected Brexit agreement if the motion remains "substantially the same".

About time somebody put a stop to the lunacy :?
W H Auden
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

reohn2 wrote:
thirdcrank wrote:

About time somebody put a stop to the lunacy :?

yes well thats some one who wont be getting an xmass card this year :lol:

and the "substantially the same" rules out her putting a few commas or fullstops in it :lol:

The first bit of sanity in a long time
mjr

Post by mjr »

thirdcrank wrote:

No he hasn't. He's just said that he'll uphold the rule which has been in place since the 1600s! Flaming Brexit Broadcasting Corporation and its spinning reporting - when do they hear whether the licence fee continues? ;)

As I mentioned last week, May was already lucky to get MV2 when the differences were so minimal.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

May v the EU
This weekend, Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte compared UK Prime Minister Theresa May to the Monty Python knight whose limbs get cut off in a duel, but insists to his opponent that the fight was a draw.

[youtube]QdxC-lNOFJo[/youtube]

she had clearly been watching too many films like dirty harry?
[youtube]qoXDzsuqXFg[/youtube]
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

mjr wrote:
thirdcrank wrote:

No he hasn't. He's just said that he'll uphold the rule which has been in place since the 1600s! Flaming Brexit Broadcasting Corporation and its spinning reporting - when do they hear whether the licence fee continues? ;)

As I mentioned last week, May was already lucky to get MV2 when the differences were so minimal.

well the BBC News at 6pm seems to say so? went on at great length.
Last edited by mercalia on 18 Mar 2019, 6:07pm, edited 1 time in total.