** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Bonefishblues

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Post by Bonefishblues »

pete75

Post by pete75 »

al_yrpal wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:. Oooh, what's the name of that one being investigated, who has already given completely different accounts to Parliament and Andrew Marr? Robin Banks, or summat?

On the other hand supporting the so called Peoples Vote you have those bastions of the truth Blair and Clegg :lol: Very trustworthy! Supported by those other millionaires, Eddie Izzard, Vivian Westwood, Clarkson, Mandelson, Gina Miller etc.

So nice to be associated with this luvly bunch of people. Perhaps it should be called the millionaires vote?

Gove is too politically clued up to pick up the poisoned chalice.

Al

Ah well if support by millionaires makes something wrong what about the likes of Rees-Mogg, Arron Banks,Johnson, James Dyson, Tim Martin etc supporting Brexit. I think you're arguing against yourself there.
Blair and Clegg are no more dishonest or deceptive than the likes of Johnson, Farage, Duncan Smith and co.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

merseymouth wrote:Hi Kwackers, Boy you sure think that the E.U. is a great entity!

Nope. I'm just pointing out that your example is nonsense.
merseymouth wrote: I suggest you try getting a new washing machine in Spain? Or a car, the paperwork is out of all proportion.

And that's got what to do with anything? Are you suggesting the EU force Spain alone to do that???
merseymouth wrote:The building codes in a fair number of E.U. countries is lubricated by bribery & corruption! Yes, sure money talks in some developments in the UK, but not is as blatant a fashion as in far too many places in the E.U.

You think?!
I refer you to PFI. A great way of ripping off the taxpayer and keeping money running uphill.
merseymouth wrote:Wine lakes, olive oil lakes, dodgy subsidies? It is bad enough exposing graft and fraud in the UK, include M.P.'s fiddles, the scale of such behaviour is out of control in the 29 countries in the E.U. Yes, if Farage can be cited for such practises can he be the only one from the UK? When in Brussels do as they do!

Any coming out of the EU allows you to address those problems how exactly?
merseymouth wrote:If you like their rules so much why bother staying in the town of the Wires? TTFN MM

Wires - is that some sort of rugby thing? If so it's lost on me.

Instead of changing the subject why not elaborate on your original point that I responded too? Or have we accepted that you were wrong and moved on?
mjr

Post by mjr »

merseymouth wrote:... 29 countries in the E.U. ...

29? Who's joined? (if you meant member states)

Or who's exited? (if you really did mean countries...)

There were too many other mistakes about the EU in the post to list them all, but the above is one very obvious one.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

reohn2 wrote:Why should we leave?
Because it's my opinion that we should leave.
That's the way I voted.
Your opinion is different to mine and no doubt you voted Remain.

roubaixtuesday wrote:Mick,
the world has changed a lot since 1975. Seriously.
1975?
We didn't join the EU back then.
It's the EU that we voted on to Leave or Remain.
Binary question.

al_yrpal wrote:I would be happy with tbe Common Market too, thats what we voted for, not the Superstate that Major signed up to. The millionaires running and backing the so called Peoples Vote campaign to remain in the EU are trying to subvert democracy.
The millionaires paid for the Leave campaign too, but I'll say yet again, that I paid no attention to them. As far as I'm concerned - and millions of others I would think - they wasted their money. I voted Leave because in my heart, I do not want to be in the EU.

Ever closer union into a European superstate is the only way forward for the EU.
Get out whilst we can, and get out asap.
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

pete75 wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:. Oooh, what's the name of that one being investigated, who has already given completely different accounts to Parliament and Andrew Marr? Robin Banks, or summat?

On the other hand supporting the so called Peoples Vote you have those bastions of the truth Blair and Clegg :lol: Very trustworthy! Supported by those other millionaires, Eddie Izzard, Vivian Westwood, Clarkson, Mandelson, Gina Miller etc.

So nice to be associated with this luvly bunch of people. Perhaps it should be called the millionaires vote?

Al

Ah well if support by millionaires makes something wrong what about the likes of Rees-Mogg, Arron Banks,Johnson, James Dyson, Tim Martin etc supporting Brexit. I think you're arguing against yourself there.
Blair and Clegg are no more dishonest or deceptive than the likes of Johnson, Farage, Duncan Smith and co.

Your mate on here is always wittering on about evil 'millionaires'. I was just pointing out his and your millionaire mates :D

Hows the Merc? :lol:

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Mick F wrote:
reohn2 wrote:Why should we leave?
Because it's my opinion that we should leave.
That's the way I voted.
Your opinion is different to mine and no doubt you voted Remain.......

I haven't got a problem with the fact that our opinions differ,but if you wish to be taken seriously on the issue posts such as you "not liking the EU" or "that's the way I voted",are excuses not to explain yourself(which is your prerogative) or not holding valid arguments to the contrary.
As I've posted many times over this lengthy thread,no supporter of brexit has come up with any,that's any,argument for leaving that's stood up to any kind of scrutiny.
Last edited by reohn2 on 16 Nov 2018, 4:22pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

1975?
We didn't join the EU back then.
It's the EU that we voted on to Leave or Remain.

Sophistry and semantics are dull.

Binary question.

Yeah, it's all so simple. All 585 pages of it and counting.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

al_yrpal wrote:
pete75 wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:

Al

Your mate on here is always wittering on about evil 'millionaires'. I was just pointing out his and your millionaire mates :D

Hows the Merc? :lol:

Al

If someone here has used the phrase evil millionaires please point out where and who. I seemed to have missed it. Or are you just making it up? As for the people you claim are my millionaire mates - sorry to disappoint but I've never met any of them so wrong again there.

You're somewhat obsessed with my car aren't you? :roll:
Last edited by pete75 on 16 Nov 2018, 4:31pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Scottish Fishermen - http://en.mercopress.com/2018/11/16/sco ... -agreement

Theresa May. under terrific pressure from all sides, has never lost her composure, nor vilified others. She has maintained her dignity and set an example of what a good leader should be like. Its a pity she has made suboptimum decisions which is the reason she will have to depart. Where and with whom that leaves us who knows?
Amber Rudd will have little time to sort out the deficiencies in Universal Credit.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
pete75

Post by pete75 »

al_yrpal wrote:Scottish Fishermen - http://en.mercopress.com/2018/11/16/sco ... -agreement

Theresa May. under terrific pressure from all sides, has never lost her composure, nor vilified others. She has maintained her dignity and set an example of what a good leader should be like. Its a pity she has made suboptimum decisions which is the reason she will have to depart. Where and with whom that leaves us who knows?
Amber Rudd will have little time to sort out the deficiencies in Universal Credit.

Al

Oh yeah. She based her whole 2017 election campaign on vilifying Jeremy Corbyn.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

Don't worry folks.
Looks like Gove, Fox, Mordaunt, Grayling, and Leadsom are meeting to rewrite the brexit deal.

This prompted the following response from a so called expert.
University of Glasgow law professor James Chalmers wrote:
"Perhaps our biggest problem throughout Brexit has been the belief that re-writing internationally negotiated texts is something that can be done (a) unilaterally (b) by people without any expertise in the subject-matter and (c) in a matter of days."

But we all know what we think about experts...
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

al_yrpal wrote:On the other hand supporting the so called Peoples Vote you have those bastions of the truth Blair and Clegg :lol: Very trustworthy! Supported by those other millionaires, Eddie Izzard, Vivian Westwood, Clarkson, Mandelson, Gina Miller etc.

Millionaire's vote? But the point is, 99.9% of the ordinary people who are demanding the People's Vote are nowhere near being millionaires. Ordinary folk, millions of 'em, like you or me (well - OK - not you maybe - but countless others). So, better, it should be called the "Millions Vote" if you like.

Those who share the same view as myself on this point, don't necessarily have to be my 'friends'. All right I'm no fan of Mr Blair or Mr Clegg. But on this issue I agree with them.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

al_yrpal wrote:Scottish Fishermen - http://en.mercopress.com/2018/11/16/sco ... -agreement

“Once we become a coastal state we can stop giving away 60% of the seafood that exits our waters and start using that for the national good,” he said. Mr Armstrong added that a Scottish government's report had indicated that this would be worth more than £500m and 5,000 jobs. “We need to get the best deal for Scottish fishing,” he said.

So if other EU countries can fish the same waters as Scottish fishermen,what's to stop Scottish fishermen fishing for that other 60% being taken by them?

Theresa May. under terrific pressure from all sides, has never lost her composure, nor vilified others. She has maintained her dignity and set an example of what a good leader should be like

She's set an example of composure granted,but as a leader she's not upto the job and only got the job of PM because no one else wanted it,which is why she's still in it!
Its a pity she has made suboptimum decisions which is the reason she will have to depart

Oneliner of the week if not the year :lol: :lol: :lol:
suboptimum = not optimum ie; less than good,deficient,lacking in performance,which sums up Teresa May as PM and Home Sec too FTM
Where and with whom that leaves us who knows?

Who indeed amonst a shower of "suboptimums" :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Al

But not as little time as those having yet another "suboptimum" benefit forced on them :evil: :evil: :evil:

PS,that's a lot of "suboptimums" a word(borne out of poor performance),which sums up the Tory party quite well IMHO
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Hello there, Coming out of the E.U. may not alter the corrupt practises of member states, but at least we wouldn't be paying for the light fingered to make hay!
A bonus may be that when, inevitably, some of the dodgier countries default in the Eurozone we won't get clobbered for their corruption.
Send Major & Blair to take up exile on mainland Europe, after all they sold us down the river in the first place!
The number of Euro states is less than the Commonwealth, who the E.U. don't like us trading with. TTFN MM