** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
100%JR

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Post by 100%JR »

al_yrpal wrote:The EU costs us lots...

Gut feeling again :wink:
I wish I'd know this in 2016 I would have voted leave :lol:
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

Psamathe wrote:Except of course the "they" is actually "us" because we have elections and get votes for MEPs,
Ian

Exactly.

But their are those who see "over the Channel" always as some sort of enemy.
It is all so very very sad.

Farage has a lot to answer for in this context.
By the way anybody seen hide or hair of him?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

al_yrpal wrote:https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/governmentpublicsectorandtaxes/publicsectorfinance/articles/theukcontributiontotheeubudget/2017-10-31

https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-memb ... 5-million/

The BBC is notoriously Remain biased. As part of the establishment one cannot believe a word they say...

The EU costs us lots...

Al

Give me evidence that the UK will be better off economically,environmentally or socially outside the EU and I'll be willing to listen to a Brexit argument.
Upto now neither you or anyone else has given even the slightest inkling that would be the case either in the short,medium or even long term.

It will be a disaster for this country but for the few shape shifting neoliberalist blood suckers in our midst!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

reohn2 wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/governmentpublicsectorandtaxes/publicsectorfinance/articles/theukcontributiontotheeubudget/2017-10-31

https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-memb ... 5-million/

The BBC is notoriously Remain biased. As part of the establishment one cannot believe a word they say...

The EU costs us lots...

Al

Give me evidence that the UK will be better off economically,environmentally or socially outside the EU and I'll be willing to listen to a Brexit argument.
Upto now neither you or anyone else has given even the slightest inkling that would be the case either in the short,medium or even long term.

It will be a disaster for this country but for the few shape shifting neoliberalist blood suckers in our midst!

He hasn't been able to offer any figures for the last 1300+ pages so I doubt anything has changed.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

100%JR wrote:He hasn't been able to offer any figures for the last 1300+ pages so I doubt anything has changed.

I'm feeling optimistic :? :wink:
W H Auden
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

100%JR wrote:

Wouldnt have made the slightest difference. The majority felt the same and voted leave!

Al :lol:

...and ..... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... xit-delay/
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

If only Al and Mick were in charge of negotiation. It would all be so simple. The EU costs lots. So we'll leave tomorrow. 'Cos most people say so.

As Johnson said in the House in June 2017, " There's no plan for no deal because we're going to get a great deal".

It's all going so well.
John
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Hang on a sec!
No negotiations from me, other than "we should never have joined in the first place".

The issue I have, is that we voted to leave. We didn't vote for arguments or hardship or upset ........... well, I didn't anyway. Can't comment on why other folk voted leave.

I have no issues with the EU in general, but it's the U bit of it that I object to and always have done. Co-operation, trade, free movement of people etc is fine by me. In Europe, but not ruled by Europe is a mantra I can agree with.

It's a small step from European Union to Union of Europe.
Get out whilst we still can. It's going to be difficult I know, but out we should go.
Mick F. Cornwall
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

Mick F wrote:Hang on a sec!
No negotiations from me

You have no choice.

You need a relationship with them, and that means negotiations.
horizon

Post by horizon »

No negotiations from me, other than "we should never have joined in the first place".

As the Irishman* said to the person asking directions: "Well, I wouldn't start from here if I were you!".

* Why does it always have to be an Irishman?
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Mick F wrote:It's a small step from European Union to Union of Europe.

Actually it's a bloody big step - too many big fish in small ponds wanting to keep their perks, too many mendacious populists stirring the good-old-days cauldron, too many idiots ready to believe every delicious calumny about Brussels and too many journalists making their crust from helping them. Not to mention the fun of getting 27 nations with ten times that many legal advisors and five hundred times that many politicians to all agree to the same wording for a constitution, after it's been translated into their 24 official languages.

Even with good will on all sides, the United States of Europe is a long way in the future.

Anyway, look on the bright side: once the UK has crashed out, lots of folk in the City will make pots out of the plummeting pound, and there'll be lots of work for the security forces in Northern Ireland.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

horizon wrote:

As the Irishman* said to the person asking directions: "Well, I wouldn't start from here if I were you!".

* Why does it always have to be an Irishman?

Because our wit is too subtle for the English.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Mick F wrote:The issue I have, is that we voted to leave.
I do wish people wouldn't keep repeating that canard. What happened was, about 51% of those who actually went out to vote in 2016, voted at that time for the Leave option.

Proves nothing.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
horizon

Post by horizon »

reohn2 wrote:Give me evidence that the UK will be better off economically,environmentally or socially outside the EU and I'll be willing to listen to a Brexit argument.

It isn't a case of the UK being better off. It's a case of a big chunk of the population feeling more secure in their identity as British.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

al_yrpal wrote:
100%JR wrote:

Wouldnt have made the slightest difference. The majority felt the same and voted leave!

Al :lol:

...and ..... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... xit-delay/

Just shows how stupid people can be,first one Tory PM has a referendum and instantly does a runner,then another won't come up with a viable plan for leaving and does a runner,leaves a vacuum for a lying monster to step in who then tries to blame anyone but the Tory party for the shambles,whilst standing to make £ millions out of it to the cost of all of us including you Al.
And you're sucked in by this debacle :?
W H Auden