** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
661-Pete

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - hypocrisy rules!

Post by 661-Pete »

Bozo still hard at it today, pushing across the line "let's bury our differences and come to an agreement then - all we have to agree is that I'm right and you're wrong..."

Makes me want to head for the toilet... :evil:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
bovlomov

Post by bovlomov »

661-Pete wrote:Bozo still hard at it today, pushing across the line "let's bury our differences and come to an agreement then - all we have to agree is that I'm right and you're wrong..."

As usual, this intervention is all about Boris and nothing about substance. But don't worry! Within the next couple of months he'll be telling us that Brexit is a terrible idea, his Brexit supporting colleagues are losers, and that he always thought we should stay in the EU [gurn, play with hair, mutter].
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

bovlomov wrote:
661-Pete wrote:Bozo still hard at it today, pushing across the line "let's bury our differences and come to an agreement then - all we have to agree is that I'm right and you're wrong..."

As usual, this intervention is all about Boris and nothing about substance. But don't worry! Within the next couple of months he'll be telling us that Brexit is a terrible idea, his Brexit supporting colleagues are losers, and that he always thought we should stay in the EU [gurn, play with hair, mutter].

That's one thing you can rely on with BoJo,he's unreliable for anything other than BoJo.
As for the other contender for the throne Moggie,after seeing his photo in a newspaper I picked up in a coffee show last week.
I drew a little moustache on him.
He had a remarkable resemblance to a certain German who made a bit of a stink in the middle of the last century :shock:

It gets worse the more you watch it,a rambling storyline,weak leading character,poor supporting actors,you can only hope the show ends soon as the ratings are dropping like a stone.........
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

reohn2 wrote:It gets worse the more you watch it,a rambling storyline,weak leading character,poor supporting actors,you can only hope the show ends soon as the ratings are dropping like a stone.........

...and the understudies desperate to get on stage.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Makes me want to head for the toilet... :evil:

Boris is in an ideal position and is an ideal person to start the reconciliation between Remainers and Leavers. As a senior Government minister and as the individual strongly pushing the extra £350m a week for the NHS all he has to do is to see the NHS gets their extra £350m a week. He proposed it, he campaigned on it and he is one of the most senior Government ministers so he is the ideal person to get it done.

BorisNHS.jpg
BorisNHS.jpg (23.01 KiB) Viewed 521 times

Ian
Psamathe

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Post by Psamathe »

I think it's actually getting quite pitiful how the rabid Leave MPs are getting worried their wet dream might not have its happy ending and in their fear they are starting more and more to threaten, discredit, argue, etc. anybody who dares even raise the possibility of anything going soft. Soft is a real problem for what they are hoping for.

Ian
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

reohn2 wrote:He had a remarkable resemblance to a certain German who made a bit of a stink in the middle of the last century :shock:
'Austrian', you mean - but point made! :?
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

reohn2 wrote:
bovlomov wrote:

That's one thing you can rely on with BoJo,he's unreliable for anything other than BoJo.
As for the other contender for the throne Moggie,after seeing his photo in a newspaper I picked up in a coffee show last week.
He had a remarkable resemblance to a certain German who made a bit of a stink in the middle of the last century :shock:

It gets worse the more you watch it,a rambling storyline,weak leading character,poor supporting actors,you can only hope the show ends soon as the ratings are dropping like a stone.........
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
pete75

Post by pete75 »

reohn2 wrote:As for the other contender for the throne Moggie,after seeing his photo in a newspaper I picked up in a coffee show last week.

Any resemblance is probably not purely coincidental.

'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

And still more Bojo-bbledygook:
UK citizens after Brexit should have the freedom to retire to Spain, work overseas, go on “cheapo flights to stag dos”

So - is this the image of the young Brit male-at-large that this idiot wants to put across? Let us form our own conclusions...
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

661-Pete wrote:And still more Bojo-bbledygook:
UK citizens after Brexit should have the freedom to retire to Spain, work overseas, go on “cheapo flights to stag dos”

So - is this the image of the young Brit male-at-large that this idiot wants to put across? Let us form our own conclusions...

Oh yes Pete.quite so.
I have formed my conclusions.

No mention of the rich cultural heritage that he wants to sideline for the personal gain of the few.
Meet the interesting, diverse, cultured and mostly tolerant peoples of Europe but rather go and be drunk and boorish amongst them, is his vision.
Such a sad little man our Foreign Secretary! He's missed the essential point.

His "speech" (more like waffle actually) made me really angry.

It's very much about time we heard about some concrete advantages for everybody that will come out of Brexit? NHS doesn't seem to be gaining much.
Up to now very sadly absent, any concrete list of these advantages.

There is no guarantee that the freedom of movement, work, or residency, in their present forms, will continue. That decision does not rest solely with the UK Govt.
Or cheap flights and travel either come to that.

This awful Govt. really get me down.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

PDQ Mobile wrote:It's very much about time we heard about some concrete advantages for everybody that will come out of Brexit?
I feel tempted to say, "It's very much about time we heard about the concrete advantages of the Emperor's new suit of clothes"...
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Psamathe wrote:I think it's actually getting quite pitiful how the rabid Leave MPs are getting worried their wet dream might not have its happy ending and in their fear they are starting more and more to threaten, discredit, argue, etc. anybody who dares even raise the possibility of anything going soft. Soft is a real problem for what they are hoping for.

Ian

In law we never had to sign article 50.

We could just leave, then notify the EU.

We alone would decide what or not to pay...................

UK law is democratic (as much as it can get) EU is not!
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,

Hilarious.
How little brexiters understand how the world works never ceases to amaze me.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

kwackers wrote:
NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,

Hilarious.
How little brexiters understand how the world works never ceases to amaze me.

NA's post would be hilarious if it weren't so tragic :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden