** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
al_yrpal

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Post by al_yrpal »

bovlomov wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:I am laughing at you hard lefties though.

Your regular claims of hilarity and laughter seem increasingly to be through gritted teeth.

Only in your mind. An urban form filler like yourself wouldnt have a clue :lol: If Farage can only succeed in reforming our lousy political system hes worth voting for, just for that.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

See what happens when we leave, then you can talk all about the real fear of freedom. Yet to see a remainer post one positive thing about this country, So, little wonder you are a bag of nerves about the thought of independence.

I get the strong feeling that when we leave and when we do much better than when we were an EU member - many remainers would be devastated. The EU itself breaks into a cold sweat at the contemplation of this nightmare.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Dont try to lecture me about the balance of payments I was working in export lead industries since the 60s (export or die was our slogan) designing and manufacturing machinery which went all over the world. Its years since any politicians have concerned themselves with BOPs. If materials you import cost more you have to pass those costs on or become more efficient. Thats something you penpushers know practically nothing about.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Lance Dopestrong wrote:

Al

I'm laughing at all of them on both sides of the divide...with embarasment. The really believe the "facts" they're cherrypicking and selectively presenting, they really do.

Are you Humpty Dumpty then?

I'll get my coat... :D

Al
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

al_yrpal wrote:
I'll get my coat... :D

Al

Probably a good idea :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
bovlomov

Post by bovlomov »

al_yrpal wrote:
bovlomov wrote:

Your regular claims of hilarity and laughter seem increasingly to be through gritted teeth.

Only in your mind. An urban form filler like yourself wouldnt have a clue :lol:

Lol! What makes you think I'm a form filler?
Graham

Post by Graham »

Please remember to avoid personal insults.

These can always be avoided.

Post containing further personal insults will be binned ( along with any other useful content within ).

Please report personal insults . . . which will be dealt with in due course.

! Extraordinary exclamation ! . . . this is getting tedious !
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

al_yrpal wrote:Dont try to lecture me about the balance of payments I was working in export lead industries since the 60s (export or die was our slogan) designing and manufacturing machinery which went all over the world. Its years since any politicians have concerned themselves with BOPs. If materials you import cost more you have to pass those costs on or become more efficient. Thats something you penpushers know practically nothing about.

Al

Al,

I work in an export business right now.

You won't find any such businesses in favour of Brexit, and universally all are terrified of a no deal Brexit.

I expect it's because they're run by metropolitan elite types or somesuch.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Lance Dopestrong wrote:...
..... The really believe the "facts" they're cherrypicking and selectively presenting, they really do.

If you (or anybody) feel that facts are being cherrypicked and giving a biased view then please, please, please do post contrary sources. I welcome people presenting information contrary to my views. But my impression is that those who support Leave seem to mainly just post their own unsupported wild allegations or personal soundbites. I'd welcome some contrary evidence as I'm still desperately trying to understand why people voted leave.

Ian
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Well, perhaps it's because they want Britain to be in charge of its own affairs as a Nation State, to be in control of its own borders, and to have the ability to trade with other countries on terms that Britain negotiates itself. It's very simple and I and others have repeated it time and time again to no avail.
Staying in the EU to be ruled by faceless appointed unelected bureaucrats, overwhelmingly from other countries may appeal to some, but not the majority. Most of us also believe that too many European immigrants too quickly has driven down manual wages, been a major factor in causing a housing crisis adversely affecting our young people and overwhelmed our public services.
You can argue all you like but won't sway any of us because we form our opinions on what we see going on on our streets, in businesses, and in trying to use our public services.

Al
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

al_yrpal wrote:Well, perhaps it's because they want Britain to be in charge of its own affairs as a Nation State, to be in control of its own borders, and to have the ability to trade with other countries on terms that Britain negotiates itself. It's very simple and I and others have repeated it time and time again to no avail.
Staying in the EU to be ruled by faceless appointed unelected bureaucrats, overwhelmingly from other countries may appeal to some, but not the majority. Most of us also believe that too many European immigrants too quickly has driven down manual wages, been a major factor in causing a housing crisis adversely affecting our young people and overwhelmed our public services.
You can argue all you like but won't sway any of us because we form our opinions on what we see going on on our streets, in businesses, and in trying to use our public services.

Al

In the same week as European elections.

You couldn't make this up.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

You obviously have no idea how the process of lawmaking in the EU works. I suggest you find out particularly as you live in it.

Al
bovlomov

Post by bovlomov »

al_yrpal wrote:You obviously have no idea how the process of lawmaking in the EU works. I suggest you find out particularly as you live in it.

https://fullfact.org/europe/eu-facts-be ... democracy/
mjr

Post by mjr »

al_yrpal wrote:You obviously have no idea how the process of lawmaking in the EU works. I suggest you find out particularly as you live in it.

I guess you're referring to there being no equivalent of the mostly-pointless Private Members' Bills which almost never pass without government support? Why are you in favour of paying politicians to spend time debating more things that won't pass?
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
bovlomov

Post by bovlomov »

Never mind the EU. Brexity politicians have turned their fire on the "faceless unelected bureaucrats" here in the UK. "Unelected" civil servants and judges are treated traitors and 5th columnists. Leavers are even turning on each other for crimes against Brexit purity.

It won't end until the UK is cleansed of all impure elements. Or until the UK comes to its senses.