** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
reohn2

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Post by reohn2 »

djnotts wrote:
reohn2 wrote:So no none has anything to give me hope the UK will be better off or even the same after we leave the EU.
Why are we doing it then?

Simple. Because a few rich neo-fascists who want to be evn richer played on prejudices and stupidity, pointed to the EU as the source of our troubles (rather than have the finger pointing at themselvse!) and TOLD the gullible and plain racist that leaving "would make everything better". Never underestimate the stupidity of those of low intelligence.

I'm forced to agree and saddened by that gulability,alarmed at the racism and deeply concerned for the future of my children,grandchildren and greatgrandchildren,at the hands of politicians willing to sell their own people into slavery and poverty to increase their own already considerable wealth.
I'm truly tired of the UK's stupidity.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
reohn2 wrote:
I reckon and if it was plausible could you ever imagine changing your mind?

I would change my mind in an instant,if I could see some hope that the whole country and not just the hyper rich blood suckers in it,would benefit.
Allow me a small rantette If you will..
We've now had eight years of a government that lead us into this mess that has promises and policies that have failed completely and utterly at EVERY turn,including a current PM who as home secretary promised to reduce immigration to the tens of thousands and is still promising the same but has so far delivered nothing,but amongst many other things managed to put in place a stealth policy to try and exclude the Windrush generation from this country,people who've lived here for 50 years or more,but was found out in her lies,just one disgusting policy of many from Mrs May.
The previous PM one Mr Camaron who caĺled the referendum then immediately resigned when it didn't work out as planned,along with chancellor one Mr Osbourne(now employed as a newspaper editor last time I heard) hadn't even the guts to see it through,because they couldn't face the workload
These people are failures they're liars and charlatans who care nought for this country or it's people,but only a small section of it,the rich section!

I agree :!:
But that's not EU just hypocritical MP's etc, we know the system we live in, you managed not to say tory :)
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
I agree :!:
But that's not EU just hypocritical MP's etc, we know the system we live in, you managed not to say tory :)

I deliberately didn't as I don't agree with either of the two major political parties on the issue.
But one thing's for sure,no party could've ****** thing's up as well as the Tory party are doing,ATM were heading for a no deal brexit and a situation that will leave the UK out in the cold and out on it's ear,whilst Putin and Trump will laughing like a drain at the prospect.
You couldn't make it up.
Last edited by reohn2 on 4 Aug 2018, 12:40pm, edited 1 time in total.
W H Auden
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

"You couldn't make it up."

OTOH the Government (?) is making it up as it goes along.....
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

djnotts wrote:"You couldn't make it up."

OTOH the Government (?) is making it up as it goes along.....

My point exactly.
They'll say anything to hold on to power and sooth the slumbering fools
W H Auden
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Fascinating Aida....... Warning about the language at some points

[youtube]mVy7faNKEtM[/youtube]
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

As of yesterday Mrs T42 & I completed our private Brexit and became FRENCH.

What a wonderful feeling.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Cunobelin wrote:Fascinating Aida....... Warning about the language at some points

[youtube]mVy7faNKEtM[/youtube]

Excellent! Nowt wrong wi't language, either - totally appropriate given the provocation. Piano's a bit too loud, though.

But you know, it's mildly insulting and entirely in sassenach character not to worry that Hibernians refers to the Irish, not the Scots. There's a football club in Edinburgh called Hibernians and that's about it.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Audax67 wrote:As of yesterday Mrs T42 & I completed our private Brexit and became FRENCH.

French only?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Audax67 wrote:As of yesterday Mrs T42 & I completed our private Brexit and became FRENCH.

Smart move :wink:
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

reohn2 wrote:
djnotts wrote:
reohn2 wrote:So no none has anything to give me hope the UK will be better off or even the same after we leave the EU.
Why are we doing it then?

Simple. Because a few rich neo-fascists who want to be evn richer played on prejudices and stupidity, pointed to the EU as the source of our troubles (rather than have the finger pointing at themselvse!) and TOLD the gullible and plain racist that leaving "would make everything better". Never underestimate the stupidity of those of low intelligence.

I'm forced to agree and saddened by that gulability,alarmed at the racism and deeply concerned for the future of my children,grandchildren and greatgrandchildren,at the hands of politicians willing to sell their own people into slavery and poverty to increase their own already considerable wealth.
I'm truly tired of the UK's stupidity.

I worry that this analysis is as simplistic as the one that supporters of brexit are accused of :?
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

To an extent yes it is simplistic. There are many reasons WHY the poor and those who are likely to suffer the most did the turkeys at Xmas impression. But then the arguments put forward by those with most to gain from leaving were hardly subtle or deep!
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:I worry that this analysis is as simplistic as the one that supporters of brexit are accused of :?

Give me an alternative view based on a brexit that works as well if not better than staying in the EU that contradict my rather pessimistic outlook for the UK.

Up the ad I asked the same simple question,no one has answered yet.
I've listened to pro brexit politicians and business people and they've not come up with anything positive or concretebut in the main showed themselves up for the lies they've told.
The only people in power who are pro brexit are neolibralists who's interests lie in profiteering and sweeping away legislation particularly workers rights legislation and having the market decide ever part of powerless people's lives.
What say you?
Last edited by reohn2 on 5 Aug 2018, 10:10am, edited 1 time in total.
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

So perhaps it would be useful to examine why such ostensibly simplistic arguments found favour? Also why the level of debate was so catastrophically low on both sides.

Crowds tend not be stupid IMHO.

At the same time we could look at Trump's rise, Macron, Berlusconi's rehabilitation, and others.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

reohn2 wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:I worry that this analysis is as simplistic as the one that supporters of brexit are accused of :?

Give me an alternative view based on a brexit that works as well if not better than the staying in the EU to contradict my rather pessimistic outlook for the UK.

Not disagreeing with your pessimism, which I largely share. My post above clarifies.