** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
roubaixtuesday

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Post by roubaixtuesday »

EU Superstate brainwashing has it's tentacles in every vestige of the establishment, time to wean ourselves away from its' toxic nipple.

Aha - Brexiter Bingo.

House!!!
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

roubaixtuesday wrote:
EU Superstate brainwashing has it's tentacles in every vestige of the establishment, time to wean ourselves away from its' toxic nipple.

Aha - Brexiter Bingo.

House!!!

It is those liberals that foolishly imagine that you can have countries without borders. those people from nowhere, that have made sure we have arrived at nowhere.

Just in case you forgot to quote the begining of my post.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

windmiller wrote:
roubaixtuesday wrote:

Aha - Brexiter Bingo.

House!!!

It is those liberals that foolishly imagine that you can have countries without borders. those people from nowhere, that have made sure we have arrived at nowhere.

Just in case you forgot to quote the begining of my post.

Like all of us, I have many aspects to my identity.
I am a Fenlander (at the moment) English, British, European, Human. I am a cyclist, a sailor, a Green, once a climber, always a reader.
I am all of these at the same time, and at times one identity comes to the fore. I refuse to be confined to one identity by anyone who demands my allegiance. I will decide for myself which is most important at any given time.
You want to label anyone who does not confine themselves to your idea of identity as a liberal from nowhere. I would rather be a rootless cosmopolitan, a citizen of the world, than a small minded Little Englander.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

I would rather have common sense than be a big englander
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

windmiller wrote:I would rather have common sense than be a big englander

You would rather be a Little Englander?
Lance Dopestrong

Post by Lance Dopestrong »

He's a tiny Englander ;)
MIAS L5.1 instructor - advanded road and off road skills, FAST aid and casualty care, defensive tactics, SAR skills, nav, group riding, maintenance, ride and group leader qual'd.
Cytec 2 - exponent of hammer applied brute force.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Cugel wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
bovlomov wrote:...... These people are lunatics.

Quite right!
They howl at the moon more with each passing day,or should that each passing phase? :D
Nutters the lot of 'em,if the voting public can't see the damage they've done to the country during their time in office,or what more rightwing lunatic governments will do,we're in dire straights as a country.
They're so many Talking Heads..... .......We're on the road to nowhere :?

Those rightwing lunatics of the Tory stripe are not so daft, as they see the opportunity to turn Britain into a facist state in which they are the bigwigs. Of course, that won't be the label they choose to stick on their ascendancy but that's what their actions will be should they attain power via Brexit and the ensuing populist panic with a search for "a strong man". Facist. We're already halfway there, with social degradations for millions as an elite become ever more powerful and immune to the public will or the law of the land.

A long look at history from our present world-wide political context and condition would suggest that humans are slowly rejecting the various liberalisms of The Enlightement and it's various philodophies, political theories, political parties and political institutions to return to more usual modes. Many would now like a more definite kind of government in which "right thinking" folk are favoured whilst all the rest are got rid of one way or another. These longers after rightness fail to understand that they too will be subject to the rightness tests of the strongman, who will change the defintion of rightness almost every week to suit his latest whim.

Perhaps our generation will benefit from the last fizzles and splutters of the former Liberal hegemony, as it's consumerist pleasure garden is over-run with political decay and the rank weeds of populist mobs of various aspects? What about our children and grandchildren? I fear they are doomed to Bojo or Mogg-style "government" which will inept, toxic yet somehow result in Bojo or Mogg having ever such a good time whilst becoming very rich indeed.

Cugel

Yer not wrong I fear :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered by the EU's doublethink democracy.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Lance Dopestrong wrote:He's a tiny Englander ;)

I was wondering where the borders of the England he is so keen to defend lie.
Offa's Dike and Hadrian's Wall?
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

The people from nowhere get quite emotional when they get around to remembering that they live somewhere that has existed for nearly 1000 years. The ancestors will be thrilled.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

windmiller wrote:It is those liberals that foolishly imagine that you can have countries without borders. those people from nowhere, that have made sure we have arrived at nowhere. EU Superstate brainwashing has it's tentacles in every vestige of the establishment, time to wean ourselves away from its' toxic nipple.

You really are going to have to answer some of the questions with facts,preferable with links,asked of you on these pages if you want to be taken seriously,otherwise your opinion isn't worth a light
W H Auden
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

reohn2 wrote:
windmiller wrote:It is those liberals that foolishly imagine that you can have countries without borders. those people from nowhere, that have made sure we have arrived at nowhere. EU Superstate brainwashing has it's tentacles in every vestige of the establishment, time to wean ourselves away from its' toxic nipple.

You really are going to have to answer some of the questions with facts,preferable with links,asked of you on these pages if you want to be taken seriously,otherwise your opinion isn't worth a light

You are asking too much. He has no facts, no answers, only pi55 and wind, aptly enough.
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

reohn2 wrote:

This reminds me of my days in the Gulag Archipelago when Arseny (political officer 2nd class) demanded that I must answer the questions freely in the prescribed way.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

General May's last Stand, the indians are circling and not many of her support are left.soon she will be on her own and trampled.

On the other hand, the other day I was listening to LBC as I walked down to the shops, and the LBC equivalent the Kyle guy had a phone in as to why BoJo would make a great PM, not one of the phoneins who supported him could give a good reason why he would be a good choice by the tory party, the best they could come out with was oh they iike the image of the man, not a single one could say what Johnson stood for, inspite of being mocked by the LBC guy, they seemed to be too thick to understand the stupidity of their position. These were the people who voted for Brexit "oh it would make a change"
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

windmiller wrote:
reohn2 wrote:

This reminds me of my days in the Gulag Archipelago when Arseny (political officer 2nd class) demanded that I must answer the questions freely in the prescribed way.

I thought not,your opinion isn't worth responding to,other than to say it's like other brexit supporters,baseless.
If you can't take the trouble to explain your stance then I can't be bothered responding any longer.
W H Auden