** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
al_yrpal

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Post by al_yrpal »

and will be a long slow drag on the politics, economy and togetherness of our country....

Brought to us principally by folk who wont accept the democratic decisions of the British people. Divisiveness comes solely from them. The rest of us are backing our government to do the best deal they can achieve with our friends and ex partners the EU.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

hi again, I'm still fuming over the Peterloo Massacre, and yes I do concede that the E.U. did not cause that :wink: . MM
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

al_yrpal wrote:
and will be a long slow drag on the politics, economy and togetherness of our country....

Brought to us principally by folk who wont accept the democratic decisions of the British people. Divisiveness comes solely from them. The rest of us are backing our government to do the best deal they can achieve with our friends and ex partners the EU.

Al

You haven't answered yet, Al!
John
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

al_yrpal wrote:

Al

Interesting comment by Lionel Shriver (Leaver) the other day where she said that she was pleased that the Remain 'team' had lost, as she believed that that side was much more likely to accept the result in good grace than her own. Funny how perspectives vary.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Bonefishblues wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:

Al

Interesting comment by Lionel Shriver (Leaver) the other day where she said that she was pleased that the Remain 'team' had lost, as she believed that that side was much more likely to accept the result in good grace than her own. Funny how perspectives vary.

I don't think you understand. We - or at least most of us - accept the result. Brexit has happened. What we - or at least most of us- don't accept that that Johnson, Gove and Farage etc did any other than lie throughout. And no-one, including the hardest of supporters of brexit, should assume now that Johnson has got his way, all will go well either economically or socially. Unfortunately, one of the things that Johnson has done - and please, you born again brexit democrats, take note - is ensure that parliament can not have any say in the matter of the subsequent deals. It is now down to ministers. The very thing that was shouted about: taking back control and parliamentary sovereignty - has been abandoned.
John
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Oldjohnw wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:

Al

I don't think you understand. We - or at least most of us - accept the result. Brexit has happened. What we - or at least most of us- don't accept that that Johnson, Gove and Farage etc did any other than lie throughout. And no-one, including the hardest of supporters of brexit, should assume now that Johnson has got his way, all will go well either economically or socially. Unfortunately, one of the things that Johnson has done - and please, you born again brexit democrats, take note - is ensure that parliament can not have any say in the matter of the subsequent deals. It is now down to ministers. The very thing that was shouted about: taking back control and parliamentary sovereignty - has been abandoned.

I rather thought I did.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

John, do you think that all of us swallowed the lies? If so you are mistaken. There were misleading assertions from some on both sides but most people can see through politicians and have not been unduly influenced. IMO many people who voted leave have formed their opinions over many years of belonging to the EU like both Mick and I.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

al_yrpal wrote:John, do you think that all of us swallowed the lies? If so you are mistaken. There were misleading assertions from some on both sides but most people can see through politicians and have not been unduly influenced. IMO many people who voted leave have formed their opinions over many years of belonging to the EU like both Mick and I.

Al

Probably not everyone. But many millions. None of which changes a single word of the post you refer to.
John
Debs

Post by Debs »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
Debs wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:Expect a few looney scenes tonight.
Al

Tonight is noting more than the starting gun for Tory-Brexit Government Lunacy, the real Brexit Day cliff-edge is 31st December 2020

And that will come and go soon enough.
Will you still be so bitter after that?

It's very likely that only the most diehard & dimwitted Brexit buttheads will retain their delusions of Brexity Nationalistic nonsense, and everyone else become very bitter with the ill-gotten gains of hardships that will gradually unfold throughout the stark reality of next year.
Don't forget, this is the big dumb-master extraordinaire blindfold Brexit you lot have signed up to in your total and utter belief and subservience to a ruthless outfit of conmen of the lying cheating Brexit Buccaneers of the New super-strength Tory Barstood Party.
Don't expect Johnson to be bothered or even desire an amicable settlement with the EU during this year. WTO terms here we come... :evil:
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

And can someone tell me what day our bright future is being delivered? And what time was the sunshine being switched on? Presumably the NHS gets its first cheque for £350m on Friday.
John
Marcus Aurelius

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Oldjohnw wrote:And can someone tell me what day our bright future is being delivered? And what time was the sunshine being switched on? Presumably the NHS gets its first cheque for £350m on Friday.

It’s going to be December before we’re truly out and away. In the mean time, we have to adhere to any B.S. from Brussels without recourse. Fortunately Brussels doesn’t move very quickly, so it doesn’t matter.
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

al_yrpal wrote:

Al

Ah, so "backing our government" is what is expected of us proles.

Please explain why this applies to us, but did not apply to Johnson when he twice voted against the withdrawal agreement?

These continued attempts to smear and silence those who disagree with government policy is uncomfortably close to the propaganda of totalitarian regimes. It has no place in a democracy.
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

Oldjohnw wrote:And can someone tell me what day our bright future is being delivered? And what time was the sunshine being switched on? Presumably the NHS gets its first cheque for £350m on Friday.

As soon as Boris and Co negotiate all our brilliant new trade deals....you know those that they haven't been able to secure in the last 4 years :?
I'm sure it will all be in place within the next 10 months.........

.......... :lol: :lol:

:|
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

]
Oldjohnw wrote:Isn't it wonderful to be back in control. No unelected European bureaucrats now. Just Mr Cummings, elected MP for where was it? And billionaire newspaper owners, and old Etonians, as one against the elite.

No more immigrants. Suddenly, hospital waiting lists have gone, our trains run on time, no more homelessness. The climate has been sorted. Ah, the fresh air of freedom.

So free now I think I’ll pop to the Lake District for a holiday. Over 20,000 non UK workers there earning below the allowed to remain threshold. 5000 unemployed in Cumbria and not all of them want to clean a hotel room or serve food. OK I’ll go camping then. :)
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
BrightonRock

Post by BrightonRock »

Division, bitterness, anger and in time probably violence are here to stay. A magic switch pulled last night is not going to change any of that. On this, the flip side of the looking glass expect the focus to pull towards leavers, and a wave of ire and contempt that they have thus far avoided to increase many fold. Rioting, as we've seen in France gets results.

I predict the next twelve months are going to be the nastiest Britain has seen in a very long time, perhaps ever. There will be no healing balm, and no solution for it for years and years to come.

Anyone who believes Brexit will be 'done' by the end of this year is as deluded and daft as the idiots who believed what was writ high on the side of Boris's bus.

The only saving grace is that very shortly Mr Johnson will have to own the omnishambles he and his acolytes have created.

A thing which in itself will be a beauty to behold, no doubt.