** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
User avatar
Audax67
Posts: 4826
Joined: 25 Aug 2011, 9:02am
Location: Alsace, France
Contact:

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby Audax67 » 14 Feb 2019, 1:35pm

He has a lovely nape, though. Paging the Headsman of Calais!
Have we got time for another cuppa?

User avatar
Mick F
Spambuster
Posts: 50109
Joined: 7 Jan 2007, 11:24am
Location: Tamar Valley, Cornwall

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby Mick F » 14 Feb 2019, 2:47pm

mercalia wrote:all we have is "Undertaker-Man"

Image
I was going to ask who he was, but then when I quoted, it say's it's Mogg.

Not having a telly, and not buying or reading newspapers, I only know the sounds of their voices and not what they look like.
We were in Wetherspoon's in Truro yesterday and the telly was on showing the 1pm news. Now I know what that May woman looks like.
Mick F. Cornwall

PDQ Mobile
Posts: 3735
Joined: 2 Aug 2015, 4:40pm

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby PDQ Mobile » 14 Feb 2019, 3:59pm

^^
No news or current affairs from Internet on your iPhone or laptop?

I know Cornwall is "isolated" but.....

Ps not that I blame you though!!

mercalia
Posts: 14267
Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 10:03pm
Location: london South

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby mercalia » 14 Feb 2019, 5:10pm

PDQ Mobile wrote:^^
No news or current affairs from Internet on your iPhone or laptop?

I know Cornwall is "isolated" but.....

Ps not that I blame you though!!


pictures take a very loooooooooong time to get to Cornwall dont you know

PH
Posts: 9539
Joined: 21 Jan 2007, 12:31am
Location: Derby
Contact:

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby PH » 14 Feb 2019, 6:07pm

Another government defeat and another defeat for a motion to extend leaving. The edge is close.

PDQ Mobile
Posts: 3735
Joined: 2 Aug 2015, 4:40pm

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby PDQ Mobile » 14 Feb 2019, 7:12pm

On the subject of swapping countries,(Switzerland/Scotland etc)
I listened to Mrs May's tedious and self congratulating statement to the House yesterday.

She mentioned that she had welcomed the Primeminister of Malta to Downing St the previous day.
She did not mention whether she had raised the issue of Malta selling citizenship for 800000 Euros a pop with him!

Cyprus does the same apparently but for a rather more costly 200000 Euros.

This aquisition of EU citizenship by mere dint of high wealth seems to me rather unfair.
It has been taken up by some 2000 people into Malta alone since 2014.

sjs
Posts: 874
Joined: 24 Jan 2010, 10:08pm
Location: Hitchin

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby sjs » 14 Feb 2019, 8:18pm

roubaixtuesday wrote:
Mick F wrote:I reckon I live The Real World, and you lot are in Fantasy Land.


He says, atop his Brexit unicorn :lol:


Now LEJoG on a unicorn, that would be quite something.

PDQ Mobile
Posts: 3735
Joined: 2 Aug 2015, 4:40pm

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby PDQ Mobile » 14 Feb 2019, 8:25pm

sjs wrote:
roubaixtuesday wrote:
Mick F wrote:I reckon I live The Real World, and you lot are in Fantasy Land.


He says, atop his Brexit unicorn :lol:


Now LEJoG on a unicorn, that would be quite something.


Indeed.
A compromise maybe?

Mounted on a unicycle with a forward projecting "prong"! :shock:

Ps.
Beware the man just loves a challenge. Chapeau!

User avatar
Cugel
Posts: 3405
Joined: 13 Nov 2017, 11:14am

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby Cugel » 14 Feb 2019, 10:15pm

sjs wrote:
roubaixtuesday wrote:
Mick F wrote:I reckon I live The Real World, and you lot are in Fantasy Land.


He says, atop his Brexit unicorn :lol:


Now LEJoG on a unicorn, that would be quite something.


LEJOG by a unicorn - riding a bike, not galloping - would be better.

Mick F on his bike-riding unicorn as it did LEJOG!

Would the bike have two sets of pedals? What if the unicorn was obtuse and wished to do it on a unicycle? How big would the support wagon be, containing the hay? (Do unicorns eat hay or something more exotic, such as magic spangles?)..........

Cugel, fond of a magic sweetie.

User avatar
mjr
Posts: 16240
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 7:06pm
Location: Norfolk or Somerset, mostly
Contact:

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby mjr » 14 Feb 2019, 10:37pm

PDQ Mobile wrote:On the subject of swapping countries,(Switzerland/Scotland etc)
I listened to Mrs May's tedious and self congratulating statement to the House yesterday.

She mentioned that she had welcomed the Primeminister of Malta to Downing St the previous day.
She did not mention whether she had raised the issue of Malta selling citizenship for 800000 Euros a pop with him!

That's unlikely because the UK effectively sells citizenship for £5m: they get an investor tier 1 visa, then apply to settle after 3 years, then apply for citizenship after 5.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.

PDQ Mobile
Posts: 3735
Joined: 2 Aug 2015, 4:40pm

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby PDQ Mobile » 14 Feb 2019, 10:47pm

mjr wrote:That's unlikely because the UK effectively sells citizenship for £5m: they get an investor tier 1 visa, then apply to settle after 3 years, then apply for citizenship after 5.


Well if we crash out then Malta looks like a snip bringing EU citizenship inclusive.
Still surprised she didn't mention it though!!

PDQ Mobile
Posts: 3735
Joined: 2 Aug 2015, 4:40pm

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby PDQ Mobile » 14 Feb 2019, 10:51pm

Cugel wrote:How big would the support wagon be, containing the hay? (Do unicorns eat hay or something more exotic, such as magic spangles?)..........

Cugel, fond of a magic sweetie.

A book of recipes is available.
image.jpg

User avatar
Cugel
Posts: 3405
Joined: 13 Nov 2017, 11:14am

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby Cugel » 15 Feb 2019, 8:50am

PDQ Mobile wrote:
Cugel wrote:How big would the support wagon be, containing the hay? (Do unicorns eat hay or something more exotic, such as magic spangles?)..........

Cugel, fond of a magic sweetie.

A book of recipes is available.image.jpg


That is a picture of "A Modern Tory's Dream of Upland" as imagined by Enid Blyton. I vaguely remember it from one of my Noddy & Big Ears books in which imps from a dark Continental Country came to cause trouble for the two as they were going down to the voting booths in Noddy's little car, to make a tick for Lord Snooty.

Cugel

pete75
Posts: 13295
Joined: 24 Jul 2007, 2:37pm

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby pete75 » 15 Feb 2019, 1:51pm

Cugel wrote:
PDQ Mobile wrote:
Cugel wrote:How big would the support wagon be, containing the hay? (Do unicorns eat hay or something more exotic, such as magic spangles?)..........

Cugel, fond of a magic sweetie.

A book of recipes is available.image.jpg


That is a picture of "A Modern Tory's Dream of Upland" as imagined by Enid Blyton. I vaguely remember it from one of my Noddy & Big Ears books in which imps from a dark Continental Country came to cause trouble for the two as they were going down to the voting booths in Noddy's little car, to make a tick for Lord Snooty.

Cugel


These unicorns where are they to come from? It's Noah's fault don't you know. His wife did warn him against putting them in with the tigers.

User avatar
NATURAL ANKLING
Posts: 12251
Joined: 24 Oct 2012, 10:43pm
Location: English Riviera

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 15 Feb 2019, 8:48pm

Hi,
Mick F wrote:I predict that when we have the next GE, the whole apple-cart will be up-ended .................... and it can't come soon enough.
Get rid of this shower asap.

No, no chance this year :mrgreen:
Cant agree............. :)
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.