** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
User avatar
NATURAL ANKLING
Posts: 10162
Joined: 24 Oct 2012, 10:43pm
Location: English Riviera

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 18 May 2019, 11:26am

Hi,
roubaixtuesday wrote:
Mick F wrote:Hey ho!
Round the buoy again and again and again.

I'm saying (yet again) that I have been taken in by no-one.
I want out, and out asap.

I will vote for whomever I like. The choices here are:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48081663

Who do people think I should vote for? :wink:

Mick, if what you want is “out and ASAP”, and assuming that you stand by your earlier statement that this must be “simple” then it’s very clear.

It matters not a jot who you vote for. You might as well ask for who you should vote for to get Cornwall relocated to the Southern hemisphere ASAP.

You believe “out and ASAP” is “simple”? You’ve been taken in.

Yet again! you have fallen back to that rotten old chestnut.
Which bit of condescending do you not understand.
You have to accept that in life many people make decisions without any reason whatsoever simply because they want to.
And example is General election or any less votes, how many people do you think actually read the manifesto before voting for the party.
It still comes back to the individual preference for whatever reason, To vote their way.

I understand that if you are tied to the EU like to work abroad your family also rely on them for income et cetera you're likely to favour The EU.
Indirectly we all are, but I like many others do not want to be joined by the hip and cut off of the neck waving the EU flag.
British politics is corrupt Then what about the EU?
Things have changed? They might well have but you only have your polls to back up your predictions of victory.
My prediction is that the EU will struggle after we leave.
some of the countries were already on the verge of bankruptcy.
Little Britain will be better and survive with more independence.

(Typed of speech)
If You Don't Try You Don't Do.....Don't Do You Don't Get...I'm Still Trying....Well Very..
You'll Find Me At The Top Of A Hill...............Somewhere...After Dark..

mercalia
Posts: 10541
Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 10:03pm
Location: london South

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby mercalia » 18 May 2019, 11:55am

Its a shame that Grumpy has passed as she would have made a good Tory PM? Better than the available suspects
grumpy.JPG
I am not amused! This is my "serious" look


In his tribute in The Times, Will Pavia says Grumpy Cat's "bomb-proof state of tranquillity" at endless events with breathless members of the public reminded him of the Queen

so she had the right attributes?
Image Attachments
grumpy.JPG
I missed my calling. Westminster in mourning. Brexit talks cancelled
Last edited by mercalia on 18 May 2019, 12:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

windmiller
Posts: 308
Joined: 9 Feb 2009, 5:10pm

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby windmiller » 18 May 2019, 12:34pm

pete75 wrote:
PDQ Mobile wrote:
Cugel wrote:
But let us await The Miller's wisdom, for it will surely soon pour forth.

Cugel

Hmm, but it didn't pour forth over his thoughly debunked crime statistics and their causes, upthread a tad.


"Windy" bears something of a resemblance to an earlier contributor on here, one "blackbike", long gone.

AKA Blackshirt. The authentic voice of the unthinking right.

lazy ad hominem attack...yawn

User avatar
661-Pete
Posts: 8642
Joined: 22 Nov 2012, 8:45pm
Location: Sussex

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby 661-Pete » 18 May 2019, 12:44pm

windmiller wrote:Can we not debate opinions that we don't all share ( though the posting majority on here do appear to to be anti-brexit) without paranoia.
You say that, and then you post:
windmiller wrote:I don't think public opinion has changed at all. The only ones saying that are remainers who lost the vote, So surprise surprise they shout it while throwing their dummies out of their prams.
If that isn't insulting and evidence of paranoia, I don't know what is.

Re WM and "blackbike" - one may indeed be a sock-puppet of the other, but we have no proof of that. Leave it to the Mods to determine (if they can). I had duplicate logins on this forum for a brief while, accidentally (until I realised it, and explained to Graham). But I didn't abuse my double identity!
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).

User avatar
661-Pete
Posts: 8642
Joined: 22 Nov 2012, 8:45pm
Location: Sussex

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby 661-Pete » 18 May 2019, 12:48pm

pete75 wrote:AKA Blackshirt. The authentic voice of the unthinking right.
I concur with your opinion of Windy's posts here, but perhaps best not to use such language. It only gives him ammo.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).

windmiller
Posts: 308
Joined: 9 Feb 2009, 5:10pm

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby windmiller » 18 May 2019, 12:53pm

661-Pete wrote:
windmiller wrote:Can we not debate opinions that we don't all share ( though the posting majority on here do appear to to be anti-brexit) without paranoia.
You say that, and then you post:
windmiller wrote:I don't think public opinion has changed at all. The only ones saying that are remainers who lost the vote, So surprise surprise they shout it while throwing their dummies out of their prams.
If that isn't insulting and evidence of paranoia, I don't know what is.

Re WM and "blackbike" - one may indeed be a sock-puppet of the other, but we have no proof of that. Leave it to the Mods to determine (if they can). I had duplicate logins on this forum for a brief while, accidentally (until I realised it, and explained to Graham). But I didn't abuse my double identity!

You are sailing very close to the wind with your comments about me. In the league of "insults" how about comparing dummies thrown out of prams with labelling a person a fascist/nazi. How does that stack up??? Who is this "blackbike" who you think is me? I am clearly not this person but I don't know how it can be proven. If and when it can be proven I expect a full apologie from you, then hopefully we can carry on without further nonsense.

User avatar
661-Pete
Posts: 8642
Joined: 22 Nov 2012, 8:45pm
Location: Sussex

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby 661-Pete » 18 May 2019, 12:58pm

Meanwhile, I've just seen this rather quaint news item.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rage-rally
So a milkshake is an offensive weapon, now, right, Officer?

I suppose I ought to be sympathising with the plight of those "gentlemen" who've had to have their suits cleaned. But I can't, really!

I'm reminded of the old jingle:
An accident happened to my brother Jim,
When somebody threw a tomato at him.
Tomatoes are juicy and don't break the skin,
But this one was carefully packed in a tin.
But I don't think milkshakes come in a tin.

Oh well, if milkshakes and ice cream are banned, people may take to throwing other things. Not me! I can't throw for toffee, especially not now with a painful elbow...
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).

User avatar
661-Pete
Posts: 8642
Joined: 22 Nov 2012, 8:45pm
Location: Sussex

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby 661-Pete » 18 May 2019, 1:05pm

windmiller wrote:Who is this "blackbike" who you think is me?
Did I at any time say I thought you were blackbike? Someone else may have, but not I. I clearly said, we have no proof. And we should leave it to the Mods, who can check IP addresses (if that is of use).

I don't like being told stuff like "you lost, get over it". None of us Remainers do. We went over that a long time ago. I don't say that to others. Footballers may gloat over their successes, but I am not a footballer.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).

PDQ Mobile
Posts: 2643
Joined: 2 Aug 2015, 4:40pm

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby PDQ Mobile » 18 May 2019, 1:11pm

windmiller wrote:You are sailing very close to the wind with your comments about me. In the league of "insults" how about comparing dummies thrown out of prams with labelling a person a fascist/nazi. How does that stack up??? Who is this "blackbike" who you think is me? I am clearly not this person but I don't know how it can be proven. If and when it can be proven I expect a full apologie from you, then hopefully we can carry on without further nonsense.

I did not say you were he.
Merely that there was some similarity, he had a slightly different tack and style.

Say what you like about me. I care not. I will never report a post.

But if one addresses the points put in argument against one's own posted view then a considered reply will always carry more weight.
We are past the point of generality.
Last edited by PDQ Mobile on 18 May 2019, 1:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

windmiller
Posts: 308
Joined: 9 Feb 2009, 5:10pm

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby windmiller » 18 May 2019, 1:13pm

661-Pete wrote:
pete75 wrote:AKA Blackshirt. The authentic voice of the unthinking right.
I concur with your opinion of Windy's posts here, but perhaps best not to use such language. It only gives him ammo.


You agreed with his opinion that I am blackshirt aka nazi/fascist. so you clearly think but don't have the gumption to directly accuse me. I hope the mods do check the IP address which will illustrate your paranoia.

Psamathe
Posts: 9791
Joined: 10 Jan 2014, 8:56pm

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby Psamathe » 18 May 2019, 1:14pm

Needing to sort out my domain name (a .eu ccTLD which the European Commission said, on Brexit, will get 2 months notice before being revoked) I came across a nice description o Brexit in one of the articles about the .et ccTLD

http://domainincite.com/23791-uk-tells-eu-registrants-to-lawyer-up-as-no-deal-brexit-looms wrote:The British parliament is currently on the verge of deciding whether to leave the EU with a negotiated deal that nobody likes — the equivalent of sawing off a perfectly healthy testicle with a rusty blade for no reason — or to leave the EU with no deal — the equivalent of sawing off both perfectly healthy testicles with a rusty blade for no reason.

The option of keeping both testicles intact and attached is unlikely to be put to the British people because two years ago we were all assured that amateur backstreet castration was fricking awesome ....


Ian

User avatar
661-Pete
Posts: 8642
Joined: 22 Nov 2012, 8:45pm
Location: Sussex

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby 661-Pete » 18 May 2019, 1:18pm

windmiller wrote:
661-Pete wrote:
pete75 wrote:AKA Blackshirt. The authentic voice of the unthinking right.
I concur with your opinion of Windy's posts here, but perhaps best not to use such language. It only gives him ammo.


You agreed with his opinion that I am blackshirt aka nazi/fascist. so you clearly think but don't have the gumption to directly accuse me. I hope the mods do check the IP address which will illustrate your paranoia.
Once again you did not read my post properly. I said "I concur with your opinion of Windy's posts". Which is entirely different from saying, I agree with his opinion of "windmiller" as a person. Please get it right.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).

User avatar
661-Pete
Posts: 8642
Joined: 22 Nov 2012, 8:45pm
Location: Sussex

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby 661-Pete » 18 May 2019, 1:24pm

Psamathe wrote:Needing to sort out my domain name (a .eu ccTLD which the European Commission said, on Brexit, will get 2 months notice before being revoked) I came across a nice description o Brexit in one of the articles about the .et ccTLD

http://domainincite.com/23791-uk-tells-eu-registrants-to-lawyer-up-as-no-deal-brexit-looms wrote:The British parliament is currently on the verge of deciding whether to leave the EU with a negotiated deal that nobody likes — the equivalent of sawing off a perfectly healthy testicle with a rusty blade for no reason — or to leave the EU with no deal — the equivalent of sawing off both perfectly healthy testicles with a rusty blade for no reason.

The option of keeping both testicles intact and attached is unlikely to be put to the British people because two years ago we were all assured that amateur backstreet castration was fricking awesome ....


Ian
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I should, perhaps, refrain from mentioning the alleged connection with a certain Mr Hitler...
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).

windmiller
Posts: 308
Joined: 9 Feb 2009, 5:10pm

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby windmiller » 18 May 2019, 1:32pm

The post is a person unless it is a bot which I'm not. I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with my opinion or mocking my politics. I take a dim view of low grade and personally directed insults.

User avatar
661-Pete
Posts: 8642
Joined: 22 Nov 2012, 8:45pm
Location: Sussex

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Postby 661-Pete » 18 May 2019, 2:57pm

windmiller wrote:The post is a person.....
How do you make that out? I'm mystified. How can a collection of letters, spaces and punctuation marks be equated to a human being?

See here for some guidelines, if you haven't already done so. The general idea is, one can attack the post but not the poster.

In the post in which I referred to you and "Blackbike", I was actually commenting on someone else's post. And querying what was said in that post, for that matter. I wish you'd pay attention.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).